drop off a cliff or lower a crate down

AZHockeyNut

would anyone like to see a method implemented to use an extra rope and drop stuff down below?

So meaning you could be at the summit of TWM, you find a lot of useful bounty. You load some essentials into a crate and lower it with a spare rope down where you had climbed up.

Maybe you find a container of cloths and you dump them with some mre and cans into a crate and chuck it down where you climbed up, it smashes open and things lose some condition but now you don't have to go up and down the rope.  Perhaps it only works where you can climb up/down since those areas are defined and fairly flat with few ledges to catch on. Ideally if there were a good way to build a base camp and you could stay there for a few days you would likely go up and down and rest in between to grab as much as you could and bring it down because no one would want to summit that much in a survival scenario.

you would need to have enough weight to not fly away in the wind but too much and it destroys a random amount of loot.

just a thought.

You can drop some things now and it is hilarious.  I enjoy dropping a flare off the cliff before grabbing the rope to climb down.  It falls so slowly you can snatch it out of the air after you are standing at the bottom.  Physics.  We may need some.

Yes, so much. I mean, yeah, that's totally what we would do in reality. Pair of boots - chuck them over the edge. MREs - chuck them over the edge; worst case, your crackers get broken. Canned goods - Totally chucking them over the edge, probably shoved in the boots or wrapped in clothes to minimize damage. Tools and equipment - figure out a way to bundle them up, wrap them in clothes as padding - lower them down or chuck them over. Even if it meant we had to carry extra ropes up to the summit with us, I'd accept that as a balance.

To be honest with how inept the player character is at most things (except they are apparently a master smith and fletcher) what would happen if you chucked stuff down is it would bounce off the mountainside and go completely sideways and get lost down some other cliff and you'd never find it again.

But I mostly say that for posterity. It would be a nice feature to be able to lower things down, although probably not worth the time to actually implement over other things that would be more generally applicable.

2 hours ago, Troxism said:

To be honest with how inept the player character is at most things (except they are apparently a master smith and fletcher) what would happen if you chucked stuff down is it would bounce off the mountainside and go completely sideways and get lost down some other cliff and you'd never find it again.

But I mostly say that for posterity. It would be a nice feature to be able to lower things down, although probably not worth the time to actually implement over other things that would be more generally applicable.

So true.

Archived