Making piles of items/stacking

Silverhour

I've noticed that when you simply mass drop items like sticks or cloth, etc. that they all lay on top of one another in a pile. However, when you right click-move items they cannot be placed on top of another existing item. As much as it is useful to be able to organize and sort your stuff in a visible manner not being able to make stacks of stuff unless you drop it all at your feet is a bit annoying. You should be able to stack at least a few cans on top of each other, or organize your pelts and gut on various tables or shelves. 

Alternatively, perhaps doing a shift-click to pick up multiple items and move them as one would work. Then whatever mechanism that allows for large piles at your feet can be used to make those same piles on the bed or table.

Also, do items you've right-clicked to move count in your weight total? Could you theoretically carry, let's say, the rifle, without adding it to your weight simply by right-clicking it and walking around until you set it down? I've never noticed.

1 hour ago, Silverhour said:

Could you theoretically carry, let's say, the rifle, without adding it to your weight simply by right-clicking it and walking around until you set it down?

Yes,  you can.  I use this feature to carry the rope,  but if you click on cancel,  the item will return to where you picked it, it's better if you drop after a few distance,  and pick it up again, or you will have to walk back a long distance in case of a misclick. 

2 hours ago, romerabr said:

Yes,  you can.  I use this feature to carry the rope,  but if you click on cancel,  the item will return to where you picked it, it's better if you drop after a few distance,  and pick it up again, or you will have to walk back a long distance in case of a misclick. 

the rope and the gas can for me, I set them down every so often so I don't have to go get them. the rope is hard to see from a distance. the gas can is a tad easier. I found a nearly full one near the top of the mountain in CH and brought it back down that way even though I was full of other stuff.

2 hours ago, romerabr said:

You know that never even occurred to me, that by side, talking about exploits is verboten I think.

• 1 year later...

It now adds to your carry weight when you pick up an item to move it. I found out by accident when I tried moving a bunch of bear quarters slowly to my base, and each time I picked up a bag it would encumber me.

Archived