Interloper run II (v388)

Hotzn

Day 80:

4 wolf skins are curing on the floor of the Quonset Gas Station, and I am waiting to start my first wolfskin jacket. It seems to take an awful long time to craft though, something like... 44.98 hours? A weird number. Is that worth it? I'll try it anyway, but I will either accumulate cabin fever risk (if I do it here) or else I will need a LOT of firewood (if I do it at the workbench in the Fishing Village instead).

Something seems to be off with the behaviour of deer. I went up to Silent Clearing yesterday and encountered a deer there, which naturally took flight. Then it kept bouncing around the clearing for about 5 minutes, always coming back there - in spite of me standing there loosening arrow after arrow on the poor animal (and missing all the time). At some point I finally scored a hit and the deer went down. Deer pathfinding needs some work, if you ask me.

Other than that, I am doing quite fine. My diet consists of rabbits, wolves (no more than one piece per 24 hours), deer and fish, and I currently have a bit stocked in all of my three bases - Jackrabbit, Fishing Camp and Quonset.

12 hours ago, Hotzn said:

Interesting question. I will pay attention to this from now on (I'm on day 80 now).

I'm too on day 80))

It was a whole week with fog from sunrise till 4 pm (i guess it according to 3 hours of daylight left) and i thought this is how is gonna be. That's why I asked)

Good luck)

p.s. wolfcoat is very stylish. looks awesome on hero)) 

13 hours ago, Hotzn said:

4 wolf skins are curing on the floor of the Quonset Gas Station, and I am waiting to start my first wolfskin jacket. It seems to take an awful long time to craft though, something like... 44.98 hours? A weird number. Is that worth it? I'll try it anyway, but I will either accumulate cabin fever risk (if I do it here) or else I will need a LOT of firewood (if I do it at the workbench in the Fishing Village instead).

Be sure to drop the impro hatchet before crafting anything. You will then craft using the knife and the crafting times will drop dramatically. For example, the wolfskin coat will only take around 32 hours and not 45.

4 hours ago, mystifeid said:

Be sure to drop the impro hatchet before crafting anything. You will then craft using the knife and the crafting times will drop dramatically. For example, the wolfskin coat will only take around 32 hours and not 45.

Thanks for this, very useful. Must be a bug then.

22 hours ago, mystifeid said:

That is very good info indeed. I concur with @Hotzn not being able to select the knife from the tool menu when crafting these should be a bug.

9 minutes ago, LonelySurvivor said:

That is very good info indeed. I concur with @Hotzn not being able to select the knife from the tool menu when crafting these should be a bug.

Yeah well, it's been around since Interloper came out afaik. I've seen a lot of posts about it since that time (some mine) and they would have to be blind Freddy not to notice it themselves so maybe it's an initiation bonus. Congrats.

Archived