Test Run In Forlorn Muskeg

So, I got overexcited and, against my better judgement, started a separate sandbox starting in Forlorn Muskeg, just to see how the new map is.

Well, the first five minutes, I fell through some ice (My thinking was that the weak ice portion wasn't that big, so I tried to sprint across it...nope). Luckily, I came across the Poacher's Camp and immediately set up shop, gathering every bit of wood I could find as well as the coal and starting a fire (Props to Hinterland for making the scrub brushes harvestable). Somehow, I managed to survive the first night.

With minimal supplies and the like, I set out to try and find some sort of cave or copse, or even just a simple hut to provide a little more warmth. Only thing I found was a pair of wolves, which I snuck around. With daylight waning and  now new landmarks in sight, I started to head back to the Poacher's Camp. Upon reaching the tracks however, I was  jumped by another wolf, which chased me out onto yet another patch of thin ice....

Not even two days survived. Holy crap, Hinterland, you have answered my prayers! And with this, I've had an idea which I will post over on the Suggestion sub-forum. Can't wait to try this out with my main sandbox profile!

Archived