TWM on Stalker

AZHockeyNut

So I keep trying to play this map on Stalker. Without the fire badge it is tough, without the +2C badge it is tough, but without a hatchet... OMG. The last 4 spawns, no hatchet at the Hut... not one. Yes I know if I take a boat trip I can find a hatchet and sometimes a knife... but nothing. a tattered hacksaw of about 20% so I really need to save it for crates. Got some clothes in the first crate and a little water/soda next to it. got a couple maples and birches... need to last long enough to cure them!  without fire that is asking a lot! worst part is... NOT ONE ARRROW in the hut either... WTF, I don't even know where to look to find some arrows on TWM, usually always one or two in the hut....

time for Zambo to die and keep spawning new games.

8 minutes ago, AZHockeyNut said:

The last 4 spawns, no hatchet at the Hut... not one.

I find the hatchet in these spots:

• Leaned up against the wall of Mountaineer's Hut to the right of the door - can easily be missed if the door is opened and covering it up.
  • Sticking into the first upright post of the dock - can be tough to see unless up close.
  • Under the stove in the fishing hut - sometimes I can't see it without crouching.

I employ a simple and direct strategy on TWM in Stalker:

I intend to make it to the top of the mountain by day 2.  A hacksaw is the only must-have item before getting to the top.  Once you are up there, the tail section containers have everything you will need.  I usually just grab everything in both huts, some cattails, beard and hips, then head straight for the cave nearest to the rope that leads to the Deer Clearing.  I will spend the night there if I have to, or just rest up.  Then climb the rope and spend the night in the Deer Clearing cave.  As early as I can I head for the rope to the Secluded Shelf and go through the cave.  Rest up there for a bit and then head for the rope to the Summit.  Then it's up to the first ledge and another short rest.  Then to the top and you're on easy street.  I am only concerned with maintaining enough condition to get into the Tail Section.  With access to all items, I can be back to full strength in a day and be the King of the Mountain!

There is a hatchet in the cabin or the fishing hut, or the boats near the cabin 100% of the time on Stalker and below. If you didn't find it, then look harder (it can be propped up outside, or in the boats kind of hidden, or driven in to the dock wood posts). There is also always a knife (again can be hard to find, check the boats carefully), lantern, whetstone, sewing kit, hacksaw, some kind of hat (random type), and some kind of jacket (random type), and matches, literally everything you could possibly need.

Also I never bother using the hatchet on the occasion I play stalker; if you start on TWM on Stalker it's quite easy to get to the summit in under 24 hours and get the clothes to be able to stay warm pretty easily (Summit always has a hacksaw on Stalker and below, although sometimes it's partially buried in the ground and very hard to find). TWM is actually the best starting location on any difficulty (although for different reasons on Interloper as you can't rush the summit without a sleeping bag) as it's pretty easy to get everything you need, or at least in the case of Interloper, set yourself up for success.

Archived