Tents?

Dandy Platypus

okay so i know that we can already make a snow shelter, but what if you didnt have any cloth its too windy to start a fire. night has just begun and at this point most players would embrace their fate and "fade into the long dark"

But what if you had a wind proof tent? 

It would take a heavy hammer and would steadily decrease in protection the longer its up but would last you the night. it would take an in game time of 30 minutes to set up which seems reasonable to me. (i'd personally like a first person view and having to personally walk to each end and pressing the space bar to hammer in the anchors.

they should be rare and difficult to find but reparable with cloth or just a sewing kit to mend tears.

Feed back is appreciated and welcome. Thank you!

Yeah, tents are something i've been wanting to suggest for awhile but never did. The difference would be that the tent is portable, and the snow shelter is not. Also there would be room to put stuff in your tent. I think there should be two type of tents:

Nomadic: Made from furs, some examples are teepees and yurts. 

Synthetic: Like the tents we see today in stores. Cannot be crafted.

Like Dandy said, it should take some time to put up and take down, and there would need to be some kind of tool (such as a mallet) to put up the tent.

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Dandy Platypus said:

It would take a heavy hammer and would steadily decrease in protection the longer its up but would last you the night. it would take an in game time of 30 minutes to set up which seems reasonable to me. (i'd personally like a first person view and having to personally walk to each end and pressing the space bar to hammer in the anchors.

@Dandy Platypus The hatchet have a flat back to be used as a hammer so I don't see the interest to be encumbred with the heavy hammer but why not if you want

On 1/5/2017 at 4:21 PM, furball444 said:

Yeah, tents are something i've been wanting to suggest for awhile but never did. The difference would be that the tent is portable, and the snow shelter is not. Also there would be room to put stuff in your tent. I think there should be two type of tents:

Nomadic: Made from furs, some examples are teepees and yurts. 

Synthetic: Like the tents we see today in stores. Cannot be crafted.

Like Dandy said, it should take some time to put up and take down, and there would need to be some kind of tool (such as a mallet) to put up the tent.

Any thoughts?

I think tents are a good idea, but only provide wind bonus and small warmth (less than car) and you should be able to get attacked while sleeping in them.

I think it's likely that they'll include tents sooner or later. They are an obvious light shelter, and there's still empty spaces in the options for it...Makes sense anyway, altho probably won't help much against the cold. Better than nothing, and would protect your clothes from getting wet.

26 minutes ago, JimmyPL56 said:

I think tents are a good idea, but only provide wind bonus and small warmth (less than car) and you should be able to get attacked while sleeping in them.

I think the synthetic one should give you a minimum warmth bonus but the Nomadic should give you a pretty good warmth bonus. It would be cool if you are sleeping in a tent and theres like a bear right outside and if you stay still it won't attack but if you move it will. 

Archived