Trains

Eilif

When you follow the railtracks from CH to FM, you'll see a dozens of places with railwagons but a train only once. It looks a bit silly with all those wagons on the rail but no trains. How did the only train get there with all those wagons blocking both side of the track? It would have been nice with some trains with all those wagons. And if there comes a new region following the rail track, it would have been nice with a train station or something else like a workshop. Or maybe some passenger wagons. At least some side tracks to make it look a little bit realistic.

47 minutes ago, GiantAntCowboy said:

A caboose that you could live in would be cool too! 

Maybe a coal train with a boiler that could be used as a forge, but this idea is likely pretty outdated for the setting of the game...

That was immediately appealing, to me it fits more comfortably than rabbit mittens. With a reheated cup of coffee. I bet more than once it has been proposed as an in game object. But that would be one of the nicest environs they could ever create. In the Ravine? Fleshing out a connector map. This would be a super addition. Again I have no in game experience. I don't know 'exactly' what is already available in the Ravine.

I've long had a problem with this too. There's actually a few threads on whether or not the current state of boxcars being in seemingly random places makes any sense. ^_^

Personally, I'd like there to at least be some sort of locomotive even if it's wrecked and inaccessible. Especially for the huge derailment in the Forlorn Muskeg. How on earth did all those cars get there?!? The general rationalism I've seen on the forums is an earthquake knocked them over. That's OK but you still wouldn't be parking these cars on the main line. They'd at least be on a siding or something O.o

x10!  

Train nut warning! I also find it interesting that we have wooden boxcars with arch bar trucks (build out of steel or iron straps instead of cast as one piece of steel) with friction bearings. Friction bearings haven't been used on any new cars since about the early 70's and arch bar trucks went away even earlier than that. They also stopped building wooden box cars in the 50's/60's. Anymore cars with friction bearings are RARE, and arch bar trucks are non-existent, in commercial use anyways, they were both banned quite a while ago. The only place you'll really find them is in museums.

And x2 on the caboose! I'd love to see one in the game, it would be perfect!

One thing that is spot on is the "crummy" (a small motorized car used to transport loggers and the occasional passengers) at the base of the ravine, it's a very faithful model of one built by CANFOR for their logging railroad.

Sam

Archived