TAB Quick Menu

nicko

Since the new clothing system has been introduced I find it a bit hard to quickly see if my clothes are getting wet or not,

Sure i can go into the main menu > clothing to see more info, but I think it would be great if I could just hit the TAB quick menu and see a NEW indicator "Wetness" Bar of some kind. The bar would just give an overall percentage of all clothing wetness.

Not sure what you would name it "Clothing Wetness"  or just "Wetness" im sure HT could add or trial such a feature.

TAB Menu

tabMenu001.jpg

I'm not sure an overall percentage would be that useful. For example, if it was your boots and socks getting wet from walking on weak ice, the percentage would still be fairly low at the point where they became 100% wet, started to freeze and frostbite became a serious risk. To be really useful you might need a maximum wet clothing item indicator and a maximum frozen clothing item indicator and somehow I can't see these happening.

5 hours ago, cekivi said:

How about a t-shirt with a droplet (at least one 100% wet article of clothing) or snowflake (at last one 100% frozen article of clothing) on it?

Instead of 100% they might be better set at 20% or even 1%. If you have been wearing a clothing item while it froze to 100% you probably already have frostbite and if a clothing item is 100% wet, it is about to start freezing and you may not have much time before you are frostbitten.

I would prefer a clothing indicator that appeared whenever anything out of the ordinary began to happen to your clothes eg a t-shirt with wind, water and ice overlays.

I was thinking an overall wetness factor bar of some sort maybe?

Example might be say your pants are 5% wet, boots 5% and socks 12% wet, then the bar indicator would read 22%. This would give you a quick way to say sheesh my clothes are starting to get wet time to check them out further.

I'm not sure there needs to be an indicator unless your inner layers start to get wet. In reality, you just wouldn't notice your outer coat or boots getting wet (or frozen) unless it permeated beyond that.

But yeah, wet socks or gloves or inner torso layers - you'd feel that right away. 

Archived