Some Ideas

Tuomo

Hi.

Here's some suggestions for the game, apologies if they've been discussed already:

- When looking at inventory and selecting one of the categories (food, craft items etc.) the total weight of all the items in that category could be displayed. Makes it easier to see if I'm carrying too much food for example.
- When looking at the stats behind Tab button, total weight being carried and total carry capability could be displayed. I find it annoying to have to go to inventory to check it.
- When looking at food category in inventory total calorie count could be displayed so I don't have to click through each item to find the total. Useful when going out exploring etc. Maybe even show total burn time of all firewood being carried when looking at fire category (if you don't want to spoil the surprise maybe only would become visible for each items when burned a few times).
- Would be good to see calories for each item in inventory without selecting the item. Maybe small numbers on top of the image.
- Rabbits: I don't find them worthwhile as butchering them takes too long (they're always frozen). This is a problem especially if it's cold or the weather is bad. I would like to set my traps in the evening, check them in the morning, cook a nice rabbit stew and then plan the day's activities. As rabbit's are quite light, I would like the ability to just pick the rabbit up, bring it indoors and butcher it there whilst nice and warm. This would allow me to check my traps even in bad weather.
- I would love to have the ability to build a sledge. I could take an empty sledge with me when going hunting, kill a deer, butcher and fill the sledge and then bring it back to camp. Also moving base camp at the moment seems impossible and I end up leaving a lot of useful items behind when moving to a new area. With a sledge I could take my most valued possessions to the entrance of the new area, leave it there and go find a suitable location for a new base camp and then come retrieve the sledge. And if I run into trouble with wolves or weather I could just drop the sledge and return for it at a later date.
- Clothes: I would find it useful to see what stats an item of clothing would have when at 100%. This would make it easier to compare items and to see if fixing them is worthwhile.
- Hunger and thirst: I've come to the conclusion that to preserve food it's best to go hungry and thirsty towards the end of the day, let your condition drop, eat and drink before going to sleep and wake up at 100% the next morning. This however seems wrong and I think there should be a detrimental effect of going hungry or thirsty all the time (same as there currently is for being cold). I was thinking that to change this strength could be added as a stat to the game. If you do straining activities and are constantly well fed you gain strength. This'll allow you to carry more items and to fight off wolves better. But if you starve you start burning your muscles and lose strength. So couple of days with little food could negate weeks worth of strength gaining. Maybe something similar could be done with thirst and stamina. If you go thirsty you find yourself getting tired faster and faster, but if you're drinking enough regularly and do straining activities you can achieve more in the day before getting tired.

Hope you find these useful, love the game! :)

Archived