A Few Wishes

duffy2317

Hey, just wanted to get my 2 cents in on my wishes for the Long Dark. I've been playing for about 2 years and finally

decided to voice my opinions, I did check the last couple of pages here and the Roadmap as well, so hopefully I'm not putting stuff out

there that's been mentioned a thousand times already.

Sewing & Crafting skills codependent

So you can craft mittens and pants and coats as long as you put in the time, but patching a hole in your jeans may take 3 tries if you're at level 1

in the sewing skill. I think it'd be interesting if your sewing skill was low, then the items you make are not as good as something you'd make with a

level 5 skill. Or, alternately, you're not able to craft certain items until you get a skill up to a certain level.

Separate Crafting Skill

Similar to my first idea, if your crafting skill was low, your bow and arrows aren't quite as good as they'd be with a higher level. Forging and repairing items

could be linked with this as well.

Ultra Real Difficulty

To me on higher levels this game becomes too much about animal encounters, I want a hard survival game that's not all about how good you are at

fighting/avoiding wolves. I think it would be cool if there were a level where there's a chance that animals attack, but it's not guaranteed. It could be randomly

determined by the players health, whether you're wounded, carrying raw meat, have an animal hunger stat, possibility of disease etc. Or just a pilgrim setting

where there's not much resources and you burn calories, get tired like on higher levels.

Random Stuff

Flint knapping for arrowheads/knives maybe as a skill, being able to find flint and using an axe/knife to get a fire going,

Long term injuries that last weeks or are permanent. Broken bones, wood chopping accident mishaps. You can heal up 

eventually, but not quite fully.

That's all I got for now, love the game, i'm looking forward to the next updates

Sewing & Crafting skills codependent

I like the idea and 100% agree!!, as long as the act of making clothing items helps increase the mending skill tree. This will help alleviate the stacks of pelts people horde up. lower skilled items degrade faster and have slightly less heat/wind resistance then higher skilled items.

Separate Crafting Skill

Kinda agree, my only concern is the limitations of materials to make bows and shafts. I don't think the maple/birch trees respawn over time no? but i do love the idea tho.

Random Stuff

Flinting arrows and knives should be in the game IMHO. its how arrows where made back in the day. I never understood how you have to "forge" arrowheads. i think metal arrowheads should be made by using the hammer on the workbench. Stone arrowheads should be made by flint knapping, requires higher skill in archery (4?)

Long term injuries that last weeks or are permanent. Broken bones, wood chopping accident mishaps. You can heal up eventually, but not quite fully.

-- i would love this idea and have suggested something similiar before,  but this should only be reserved to Stalker/interloper mode only. 

Archived