Over the last 5/6 months I've had crashes on my Macbook Pro which result in me having to perform a hardware reset.

I've been playing The Long Dark since late 2014 on my Macbook Pro 15" (mid 2010) - Mac OS Sierra (also crashed on the El Capitan).
In that time I've typically been able to play at around 25-30fps on low settings. Since around 5 months ago my game crashes causing me to do a hardware reset.

The crash happens 100% of the time when I load up an old save and try to go outdoors causing everything to freeze on the black loading screen. The crash also happens 100% when I start a new game / challenge and try to quit causing the computer to freeze on the menu screen. I can't alt-tab or do anything except a power reset.

Here are some of the steps I've made

- I have reinstalled the game via Steam.
- Checked game integrity on Steam.
- Tried different graphics settings.

Please find my player log (from October) attached which was an attempt at playing before it crashed. 

I've have tried to create a dialog with Hinterland at least 4 times now in 5 months and I'm really close to giving up unfortunately

Player_2.log

• 1 month later...

2010 MacBook having similar issue just recently. Have been playing TLD for about 6 months with few issues. Love it.

Current problem arrives when transitioning out of whatever building I first spawn in. Also happened when accessing the locker in the Trappers Cabin. Game freezes and all computer functions are unresponsive necessitating are hard reboot. 

Recently updated everything. OS and Steam files. Uninstalled game/reinstalled. Validated Steam files. I even tried editing the launch options to run the DX9. No help. Game is unplayable now. 

Please help. And please continue to make this game great! It's absolutely one of the best!

a1maxmad

Player.log

Archived