Bears still one-shotted.

envelope91

Hello everyone!

I have recently installed the game again, and i notice that most of the times all the bears in the game go down in one shot to the head.

Is this a bug? According to google, and the wiki, bears are not supposed to, and usually you have to shoot them more than once (even headshots) and then let them bleed out.

I know it was considered a bug long ago, but i'm now using the latest version and all my bears still die instantly when shot in the eye socket. :( 

So far I'm 2 for 3 on one hit kill headshots for bears. I have never heard of having to shoot them more than once. One shot from the bow or gun always kills them eventually AFAIK. I have never had one not bleed out eventually it's just a matter of finding the body since they can run pretty much all over the map.

@sarudak by headshot do you mean from the top, side, or straight on? So if you were shooting at one in CH from the fishing shack facing Malesthrops (sp) and hit his head from the side or if he rushed you at the fishing shack and you shot him head on, or you were on the rocks above his cave? all as examples of what I mean. Are you saying all of those are insta-kills?

All three were shot on forlorn muskeg. Two from the tree leaning on the railcars and one from atop the bears cave by the homestead. I believe all three were headshots. Two out of the three died on the spot and the third ran around for a while until he bled out.

I find best luck in one shot kills if you shoot their head from the front just before they get close enough to begin their charge, never failed me unless I dont aim in time or miss. Oh and I always crouch before I shoot.

My least luck ive ever had in hunting was with a bow where I shot a deer 4 times and somehow it managed to run from pleasent valley homestead to the barn, and then back to contemplation bridge, it was bleeding from the first shot too. I followed it the whole way but couldnt find the arrows it shed. 

Archived