A Map?? :o

ElizabethLuv

Maybe you could find a scribbled map of the area you are currently in.

Finding it: It could only be found by searching corpses and would have a very low chance of occurring. 

What it is: Just a torn piece of paper from a journal that has an outline of the edges of the region, rail tracks (if any), one or two key shelters, and bodies of water. (Very helpful for new regions being added)

What it could be: Perhaps once you find the map, areas that you explore (within the boundaries of the region on the map) would be filled in. It could be a tab in your journal: If you click on a day you would get the normal "Write" prompt at the bottom but beside that it would also say "Map." If you click on "Map" the map comes up with an option to "Update Map" where you would take anywhere from 5 minutes to 1 hour to draw on the map. This could also spark some new challenges and badges.

This could be an awesome addition that could get a lot of hype in the community. I think a lot of people would be really excited to have a map added to the game and would definitely support it. I would love to see this added to the game and I put a lot of time and thought into it. Thanks for reading and happy gaming! ;)

To anyone wanting the map here's a fun tip:  Get a piece of paper and a pencil, and make a map as you explore!

I've been doing this recently, its pretty engaging and brings the game into a new dimension.   

(I don't think finding a map would be unrealistic, since lots of people have topo maps of logging roads and trails in their cabins.  But the creators might want to keep things secret to encourage exploration)

If a map would be implemented it should be very simplistic and mostly point you toward the right direction. Maps tend to make people focus more on it than the surroundings. My personal preference would be to avoid it completely. The "Mountaineers house" map was OK.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2017 at 8:22 PM, JoE Smash said:

Yeah...can't you just make your own map using the charcoal that you can now collect from burned out fires?

Or just cheat and use the super useful Internet maps with everything on them?

I posted this in January.... long before the Faithful Cartographer Update... :)

1 hour ago, ElizabethLuv said:

I posted this in January.... long before the Faithful Cartographer Update... :)

Oh my apologies, I'm sorry, I didn't notice the date. Even if I did I just started playing like two weeks ago, and don't have a great idea on when what patch came out.

Sorry for rehashing an old thread though, with information that was not applicable at the time, my bad....

Archived