Deerskin Boots/Crafting Issue

ElizabethLuv

Hi again! Recently I have been trying to craft the deerskin boots and had no issue for most of the crafting process. I had to leave Hibernia Processing where I was crafting the boots to get food from the Lighthouse where I had been keeping most of my stuff. When I went back to Hibernia Processing to finish up the crafting (only had about 2 hours left) I couldn't continue the process. The boots were in my inventory, though I was not given the option to wear them, and the materials I had used in the crafting appeared to be gone (as if the boots were finished).Capture.PNGdeerskin boots.PNG

If you have any suggestion to why this would be happening or what I could do to fix it, I would really appreciate the feedback. Thanks a lot and Happy Gaming!

I have just run into the same issue, also with deerskin boots.

My screen showed 0 minutes on "Time to create", also requested I had a deer skin and a gut. On the right of the screen under "spend" it said 0.12 hours. The boots were in the state "In Progress" and I couldnt' wear them, but couldn't click the craft button which remained greyed out.

I had crafted the boots across two days, mostly in 0.5 hour chunks. When I clicked to finish them I was very close to night time, and the craft stopped saying I required light. But, I could never start it again to finish them. Perhaps some sort of rounding issue?

• 1 month later...

busygeek I had almost the exact same thing happen to me. I just posted a new thread about this, in fact, then came across this one.

For me it was a bearskin coat. I had almost completed it when light put a stop to the crafting. Like you (hmmmmm?!) I had exactly 0.12 hours left to craft. (And if I remember correctly, on the left side it said 0 minutes on "Time to Create.") The crafting table "recipe card" for the coat had an "X" over a supposedly missing bearskin (which I no longer had, LOL, as the game had absorbed it into the new bearskin coat). I was able to pick up another bearskin and the game will let me finish the coat, but that means it used three bearskins instead of two. Which is annoying!

Common sense suggests that there's an issue with crafting items and running out of light. Since I'm positive I've run out of light before without issues, my guess is it's the extremely small amount of work necessary to finish that led to issues in our games. A workaround will be to avoid running right up to end of day when crafting. But I think this is a bug and should be dealt with.

Archived