Lockers on Interloper - Do you open them?

Scyzara

I just wanted to ask other Interloper players if they've ever found something useful inside a locker.

For I have started to completely ignore lockers in general on Interloper some time ago. I've opened hundreds of them in the past and I can't remember to ever find anything (except a tinder plug once -_-'') inside, neither in the locked ones for which you need a prybar nor in the unlocked ones.

So I really have the feeling it's a total waste of time (not to mention prybar condition) to open lockers at all. 

What's your experience on the matter, have you ever found something precious in a locker on Interloper? Do you still open them?

Yep I still open them and vaguely remember that I might have found some matches once in one of them. The lockers in the dam often have stuff in them and since I'm usually moving through there sometime in the first week, anything I find is precious.

Lockers seem to be more worthwhile than trunks of cars but what really is a waste of time are the back seats of cars.

6 hours ago, Scyzara said:

I just wanted to ask other Interloper players if they've ever found something useful inside a locker.

Nothing.  Nada. Not a thing ever.  I get especially annoyed when I come back to one after I get a prybar and then there still isn't anything!

I found a cured gut in one once. On day 1 or day 2. I was dancing. (I probably froze to death before putting it to any use, mind.)

I also think I've food cooked meat, as well as the other more mundane stuff.

But I agree: the excitement of finding a prybar so that you can open all the locked containers you'd left behind is somewhat tempered when you realise that 95% are empty. Prybars are effectively reduced to the status of ice-smashers in fishing holes as a result, which I think is a shame.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hardly find anything, no matter what I open. But I keep opening everything, everytime. :-)

(Once I took the challenge to fight with the wolf in CarterDam, so I could walk through the lower dam - only to find 1 srap metal, 1 pair of running shoes and 1 fire-starter book in total.)

Interloper is not meant to feel on a pleasant vacation. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I remember reading this post before really diving into Interloper. Just yesterday, 4 days into an Interloper run, I found a ski jacket in a locked locker in the Hibernia processing plant. Great find considering I had this post in mind while playing.

Have since looted all of CH and DP (except wolf cave because I'm not suicidal) and haven't found a single other item in any locker or trunk, locked or unlocked.

I will always open every container. Not worth the stress of 'what if.'

Archived