Coastal Highway Bear

EricTheGreat12

Just something that has been puzzling me for a while:

I tend to start at Coastal Highway due to the abundant resources and good starting locations. When looking at the Steam maps, I noticed the bear that is supposed to spawn near Misanthrope's Homestead. Out of all the games I have played (about 10) so far, I haven't seen the bear once, although the cave is always there witht the usual bones/carcasses.

Perhaps it is only on higher difficulties? I have not gone higher than Stalker difficulty

I'm thinking that it might be just natural. After all, I've seen wolves stray away from their usual spots, and last time I saw a bear near the Fishing Huts northwest of the Homestead, which I do agree is odd but like I said it could have walked from afar.

Perhaps it could be some sort of Mac glitch, or maybe even a random occurence ?

That bear is one of my favourites to hunt. I haven't ever NOT seen him in any Stalker or Interloper game. He does have a somewhat wide patrol like all bears (he goes into the beach with the huts for example) so it's possible you just didn't catch him when he was on the ice.

I think it might possibly also depend on the experience mode how many of the potential spawn points are actually occupied at once.

On Interloper, I have yet to see one of the three possible bear spawn spots uninhabited. All three bears appear to be always there in my games. Until I shoot them, that is. But they always return after a few weeks - all of them. ;)

Archived