v.388 - Lost 4 bedrolls since last weeks update.

PanzerRabbit

Quick recap of current game run;
On Stalker, day 259, game started just after the Halloween event ended.

Since the update to v.388, I've lost 4 bedrolls. All from Wolf attacks.
Last bedroll got ruined 1 hour ago, and that was at 98% condition.
Game did not even report that any clothing were thorn.

When it is late in the game (day 200+), I always keep clothed material worn above 80%, and bedrolls above 90%.
But since v.386 - when the new layered clothing options came along - it looks like a coder at Hinterland tipped off the Wolf's that there is more to sink it's claws into,
because they now tend to spawn close around you, instead of just lurking and hunting.

Anyways;

3 bedroll lost in Wolf attacks with bedroll on me;
- this is silly; because the animation shows the Wolf pushing you to the ground on your back.
Unless it got a bedroll-fetish, I see no reason for it to tear apart the thing you are protecting with your whole body...

1 bedroll lost while it was on the ground in a cave on Forlorn Muskeg;
- and this one sucked the most, since I was just popping out to finish off a Wolf that I had knifed into submission 10 minutes after I had restored that bedroll to 100%.
He came at me, limping, and suddenly got magically back to sprint mode, and destroyed the bedroll in a cave 500 feet behind me. O.o

(edit1 - +tag)

(edit2 - posted on the official bug forum)

• 2 weeks later...

I just lost a bedroll that I had placed in the train in Forlorn Muskeg. Was at ~50% condition when I placed it and after being attacked by a bear outside it was ruined.

Normally I wouldn't mind too much, but now that bedrolls are so critical to survival with entire regions having no beds on top of rampant cabin fever, this is a bigger problem.

Archived