Bear glitch or extreme luck? And other glitch questions

bush_amb

Hi,

Lucky shot

So in my Interloper session in Fishing Camp CH I cowardly shot the bear in the bu...back. I had a 12% bow and a 60% arrow with archery lvl 2. The bear was insta-killed. Was I really lucky or is it a glitch?? The bear was walking normally (his head wasn't even visible) - you can see where the carcass on the screenshot - the shot came from the very last cabin in ML direction (one with crafting table in the back). 

Growling glitch

I have a super cowardly strategy for killing bears. I exit a cabin crouching, then while standing in the doorway I quickly shoot a bow or a rifle and immetiately retreat inside. Then I wait one hour and go outside to inspect my fresh dead bear. I killed so far 3 bears this way. Each time I do it I encounter a glitch - when exiting a cabin near bear carcass the growling sound (agony sound?) is played every time until the carcass decays totally. For the first time I've encountered this I spent 10 hours, exiting the cabin each hour, being terrified by supposedly pissed off bear and rushing inside. Fortunately at some point I saw the carcass :ph34r:

Wolf/deer comebacks

Scenario: I shoot a wolf or a deer with a bow and not kill it. Poor animal runs away. I immediately go to sleep in a cabin/bedroll for one hour. While I sleep the animal promply comes back to die right near where I shot it. Can't confirm this 100%, but I encountered this several times. 

Scaring wolves?

So I observed an interesting thing - if I catch a wolf by surprise while wearing wolf coat there is a heavy chance it will run away scared. By surprise I mean: I exit the cabin crouching and wolf is nearby, or I crouch toward the wolf and suddenly stand up. On the other hand if the wolf sees me first they almost never run away. 

Fun fact

Now I have like 70kg of bear/wolf meat in my Interloper run and I'm trying to figure how to hibernate  to make use of all of it :D

back.png

Archived