Tampons yes Tampons

Ryhdnek

hear me out not for feminine hygiene unless yall go that far but tampons have many many many uses for survival can be used as a water filter gauze for a wound can plug some wounds can be used as fire tender as bait for fish or traps also when wet can be used to clean your hands among many more uses also they never expire are light weight and are sterilized in there packaging

Definitely not for non-conventional use considering the survivor doesn't even need to eliminate bodily waste and in the survival situation, the female survivor might have gotten to the physical point where they are no longer necessary, however, the survival uses are definitely a thing I could get behind. I would only worry about the fact that many brands contain more than just cotton.

2 hours ago, Ryhdnek said:

using them to drink melted snow would just save on the fires burn time and wouldnt fully remove the chance of getting sick just say by 10pct

Melting the snow uses far more time than the boiling and since purification tablets also exist, there's really no need to take any chance by drinking non-potable water. Really, no one should ever get dysentery in-game as is.

And yeah, even lowering the chance to get by 10% is a stretch. I don't care what some you-tuber or internet 'expert' says, filtering water through a wad of cotton floss isn't going to remove one iota of the bacteria or other stuff that will make you sick. It will catch some of the particulates, so it would be decent for filtering already potable water sources, like the toilet tanks, to remove any rust particles and grit. For filtering uncertain sources, at a minimum, you need carbon/charcoal filtration to even begin thinking about making it safe. to make it 100% safe, you need boiling or chemical filtration/purification... or UV, but with no electricity, that's out.

11 hours ago, Ryhdnek said:

steel i know it wont be effective as a water filter its mainly used to filter larger stuff such as dirt n stuff

So, what exactly are you asking for then? The addition of an item that isn't applicable to any of the current game mechanics? Or is your actual suggestion that the game mechanics be expanded to include detailed/advanced wound management, filtering water for particulates, cleaning/hygiene? With the latter, we still wouldn't need to add an additional item to the game for that purpose, everything we need is still already there.

On 12/24/2016 at 1:12 PM, Ape88 said:

Definitely not for non-conventional use considering the survivor doesn't even need to eliminate bodily waste and in the survival situation, the female survivor might have gotten to the physical point where they are no longer necessary, however, the survival uses are definitely a thing I could get behind. I would only worry about the fact that many brands contain more than just cotton.

The blood got frozen I guess...

6 hours ago, Docterrok said:

The blood got frozen I guess...

Nah, more like when a woman faces stressors such as starvation, excessive physical activity (I would definitely say trekking through the wilderness the way the survivor does would fit into this category), or even just emotional stress can postpone or stop their period entirely. If you think about it, the survivor in TLD has to deal with all three of these factors. I would be highly surprised if the female survivor still had to deal with a menstrual cycle.

22 minutes ago, Ape88 said:

Nah, more like when a woman faces stressors such as starvation, excessive physical activity (I would definitely say trekking through the wilderness the way the survivor does would fit into this category), or even just emotional stress can postpone or stop their period entirely. If you think about it, the survivor in TLD has to deal with all three of these factors. I would be highly surprised if the female survivor still had to deal with a menstrual cycle.

Joke...

Archived