Major glitching in graphics

The_Dicte

When playing, parts of landscape (mountains, trees etc.) which are not supposed to be there, pop in and out of view for split seconds at a time.

Sometimes static scenery like the sky and the ground also glitches and "disappears" for longer periods of time.

This issue happens in multiple regions, and almost all the time, making the game uncomfortable to play. The problem was also present before the new update.

I am playing the game from en external HDD, but as far as I know this should not be part of the problem, since i have done it before without glitches. Verifying the game chache did not fix this problem.

Videos and a photo taken of the screen with my phone have been attached.

20161222_181839.mp4

20161222_181950.jpg

20161222_182326.mp4

Hey! I have the exact same problem and have yet to find a solution to it, but check the requirements to run the game and make sure you have the bare minimum. I would like to ask you a few questions though: Does this happen in every area? Did this just start happening recently (before the new update but not that far back)?  If I find anything that helps I'll let you know and please do the same for me! Peace out and happy gaming! (attached is a video showcasing my issue) (also if you're using a windows computer/laptop pressing the Windows key and "G" records your screen)

TheLongDark_12_21_2016_6_07_21_PM.mp4

On 12/23/2016 at 11:19 PM, ElizabethLuv said:

Hey! I have the exact same problem and have yet to find a solution to it, but check the requirements to run the game and make sure you have the bare minimum. I would like to ask you a few questions though: Does this happen in every area? Did this just start happening recently (before the new update but not that far back)?  If I find anything that helps I'll let you know and please do the same for me! Peace out and happy gaming! (attached is a video showcasing my issue) (also if you're using a windows computer/laptop pressing the Windows key and "G" records your screen)

TheLongDark_12_21_2016_6_07_21_PM.mp4

Hey there! I do have more than the minimum requirements, and just under the recommended. Not 100% sure about the graphics, but having a Radeon graphics card I should be good as far as I know. I tested it in the Mystery Lake and Coastal highway regions, so I believe the issue is not bound to a single region. If i remember correctly, this also happened before the new update, but i am not entirely sure. The only thing that might help, is verifying the game cache under the game's properties (if you're using steam). This fixed my game for about 10-15 minutes, but then the problem came back. 

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with this problem, so that it's not just me who is doing something wrong. 

Peace out :)

On 12/27/2016 at 6:25 AM, The_Dicte said:

Hey there! I do have more than the minimum requirements, and just under the recommended. Not 100% sure about the graphics, but having a Radeon graphics card I should be good as far as I know. I tested it in the Mystery Lake and Coastal highway regions, so I believe the issue is not bound to a single region. If i remember correctly, this also happened before the new update, but i am not entirely sure. The only thing that might help, is verifying the game cache under the game's properties (if you're using steam). This fixed my game for about 10-15 minutes, but then the problem came back. 

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with this problem, so that it's not just me who is doing something wrong. 

Peace out :)

Hey! DirectX9 mode helped me tremendously. The only issue I have with the DX9 mode is occasionally the snow will glitch out and be completely invisible though I can still walk on it which is spooky to say the least haha. Otherwise the DX9 mode completely fixed my problems. If you haven't tried running the game in DX9 mode you should and see if that helps. Good luck and happy gaming!

Archived