2 minor things I've noticed post-386

GorillaDust

I'm 111 days into a Stalker run (my longest ever!) Two things I noticed since 386. One is new, the other may have always been an issue:

1. Crates respawning in Mountaineers hut. This may be exclusive to my playthrough, but I had broken down the two crates inside the mountaineers hut prior to the update, and immediately post-update they respawned. I figured that was a one-off, but they respawned again last night when I booted up the same save, 10 game days after breaking them down a second time.
  2. Drinking/eating 0% foods. Post-update I went on my first sweep through CH. Because I'm 100+ days in a lot of the food items and sodas that are out in the open (vs in containers) are at 0% already. I've noticed that even though there is no prompt to do so, I can press X and eat/drink the foods, which I cannot do if I add them to my inventory first. I'm Level 5 cooking skill so food poisoning is not an issue for me. As I write this, I realize two things - (1) others may have been exploiting this for a long while, and now I've gone and ruined it, and (2) I may actually be able to drop 0% items out of my inventory onto the ground and eat them directly from there to get around the 'you can't eat 0% items in your inventory' block. I'll test this on the weekend.

Thanks for the amazing game - it's been my nightly game of choice for the last two months and I am addicted (in a good way).

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 1:02 PM, GorillaDust said:

I may actually be able to drop 0% items out of my inventory onto the ground and eat them directly from there to get around the 'you can't eat 0% items in your inventory' block. I'll test this on the weekend.

Yes, it's true. All 'ruined' food remains edible immediately after pick up by pressing X. I can drop ruined food I previously picked up and still eat it, including cooked meat.

I report this is a bug because it is not possible to eat ruined food from my inventory. Only by 'pressing x' when you first pick up the food - even though the 'X = eat' prompt is removed from ruined food.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 1:02 PM, GorillaDust said:

I figured that was a one-off, but they respawned again last night when I booted up the same save, 10 game days after breaking them down a second time.

These two crates continue to respawn when I load up my game, as did all of the furniture that I've broken down in other locations (PV farmhouse). Likely because the update happened in the middle of this playthrough. Still worth noting I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...

I had this in Coastal Highway in the Quonset Gas Station. There are two crates in the large room with all the tyres, both of which I swear I broke up when I first arrived. A few days later I suddenly spotted the two crates had reappeared.

I'm not complaining, I needed to make more torches anyway :)

This occurred three days ago on Saturday, so after the last Xbox patch. I can't be certain but I believe it's occurred on my current game that I started after the patch and in the same gaming session i.e. I arrived at Quonset, broke up the crates, then went off to do hunting and fishing for a few days sleeping in huts and cabins. When I got back to Quonset three or four days (in-game) later I noticed that the crates were back.   

Archived