Dropping the brand ⇐ holster

TWM

I'm watching a lot of different players try their luck at the new Forlorn Muskeg region, and I cannot even count the amount of time where people drop the firebrand because they try to pick something up.

Glad I'm not the only one having this issue.

Having LMB control both dropping the brand and picking stuff up isn't very handy. Dropping the brand by pressing 'holster' would be the easiest solution, imo.

It would cut short a lot of frustration.

+1 to rebinding "dropping firebrand" from LMB to Holster Key

Yeah, I've always found it annoying when I would drop my brand as I'm picking up sticks, and I have to turn about and pick it back up.  This is especially annoying when playing on the new map, Forlon Muskeg, since I'm pretty much picking up sticks everywhere that I walk so that I can make a warm fire to last me throughout the frigid night.

It's also kind of a pain when I'm trying to scare-off a wolf by flailing my firebrand and I click LMB instead of RMB, dropping the darn thing and having to waste valuable time reaching down to grab it back up as the hungry wolf inches closer. ¬¬

4 hours ago, Muk_Pile said:

It's also kind of a pain when I'm trying to scare-off a wolf by flailing my firebrand and I click LMB instead of RMB, dropping the darn thing and having to waste valuable time reaching down to grab it back up as the hungry wolf inches closer. ¬¬

Haha, I had that happen to me while trying to brandish my torch to and fro as well. Went into a panick, clicked LMB and doused my torch, then frantically trying to get it lit up again. Ooops... too late.

Although I feel the torch mechanic works pretty well in all other circumstances. At least it doesn't start flailing it around when you try to pick up a stick.

If I'm not mistaken, 'holster' does drop the torch and flare, so for consistency's sake it would make sense to have 'holster' drop te firebrand as well.

Archived