How to take a brand out of the fire?

Riverotter

2 hours ago, Riverotter said:

I have seen in videos people pulling a brand out of the fire and using as a torch. Is this possible on the xbox one. And if so how?

Thanks

Yes, to be clear, all the same actions are possible on the Xbox One version of the game. As @HazardousHowitzer points out, you'll see the option in the lower-right hand corner of the screen when in the menu for your fire (and provided the fire has enough burning time left). 

Brands are great for quickly exploring some of the nooks and crannies of dark indoor locations and for a bit of extra warmth when traveling over land. One tip -- they burn out rather quickly compared to other light sources, so be sure to have a back up if you find yourself exploring any indoor caves. :)

19 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Yes, to be clear, all the same actions are possible on the Xbox One version of the game. As @HazardousHowitzer points out, you'll see the option in the lower-right hand corner of the screen when in the menu for your fire (and provided the fire has enough burning time left). 

Brands are great for quickly exploring some of the nooks and crannies of dark indoor locations and for a bit of extra warmth when traveling over land. One tip -- they burn out rather quickly compared to other light sources, so be sure to have a back up if you find yourself exploring any indoor caves. :)

Thanks, I don't know how i missed this but I finally found it thanks.

You just have to have 10 minutes of fire!

On 16/12/2016 at 2:58 AM, Patrick Carlson said:

@HazardousHowitzer

be sure to have a back up if you find yourself exploring any indoor caves. :)

I've noticed that the devs made possible to pass in every cave with only one brand time! My strategy is to loot properly just the first point, come back to take another brand and then run on the whole mine.
But that's an interloper problem :)

3 hours ago, togg said:

You just have to have 10 minutes of fire!

I've noticed that the devs made possible to pass in every cave with only one brand time! My strategy is to loot properly just the first point, come back to take another brand and then run on the whole mine.
But that's an interloper problem :)

You move quickly then -- I find if I trust a single brand and I'm moving slow or encumbered I can get in trouble fast. (and this usually means I end up spending a lot of matches if I don't have a flare or torch on hand)

Was just a tip! :)

Archived