Snow Gathering Bucket

Cirtex

So currently to make water you can simply sit indoors. And just make water. To that I scratch my head and bang my head against the desk. 

To add a layer of realism I suggest a new item: a bucket, that when used over snow can be filled with snow. Then when this bucket of snow is brought to a fire, it can be used at to melt the snow inside it. Then it's a bucket of water, then you can boil that and get your water. Because currently we are just getting snow to melt from seemingly nowhere and boiling it with the light of gods beard. 

This addition might not make the game easier. But in this game Mother Nature sticks her icy dildo up your bum. I don't think anything should be TOO easy.

6 hours ago, AZHockeyNut said:

I like "dropping" bottles of water just fine thanks. :) Some give and take away from realism has to be done. I would much prefer a bit more wildlife and new craftable items over a snow bucket. I will take it for granted we can make water.

Could be something you always spawn with and can find.

Rather than a bucket, maybe you can pick up all those pitchers, bowls and basins that litter various interiors.  There's already a model for 'em. 

Only issue might be the avalanche effect (pun maybe intended). Currently, the entire water system is a bit abstract to keep inventory management headaches down.  It's a tradeoff.  Once you step up the complexity of one portion of the system, it might be really weird to have the rest stay abstract.  I'm not certain that juggling canteens and hunting for water bottles would be a net gain (even if you started with one so that 60% of all saves don't die of thirst within a day).

Archived