Things that remind you of TLD...

Rusty_Old_F250

What do you come across in day to day life that would fit into the world of TLD? Anything really; places, buildings, tools, furniture, random junk, a neat looking rock. 

Here's some ideas:

DSCN5020.jpg

That is a 1950's era Marquette arc welder I came across at an old machine shop

Img01_09_09_2016.jpg

A 1920's era Plymouth switch engine

Img01_10_08_2016.jpg

And my Olympic wood cookstove, sorry for the lousy cellphone picture

Sam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went for a walk yesterday and took an alternate route back, when out of the corner of my eye I saw.....

neighborhood.JPG

I froze for the briefest of moments, then started running but only for a second, then stopped and turned around remembering where I was, and quickly took this picture.  I scanned the area while scooting away and didn't see anyone laughing - but there may well have been.

It might sound strange but, my small collection of wool beanies somehow reminds me of TLD.

My head stays cold, so I have some nice ones made in Italy.

I have lots of lush hair on top my head to keep it warm but I just feel awkward when I don't have a beanie on.

Even in the summer my head gets cold.

I guess I'm just weird.

Haha. :P

• 8 months later...
On 26/09/2017 at 8:08 AM, KinoUnko said:

Crows... whenever I see or hear crows I start thinking I should look for a deer carcass or corpse.

Snap. There's a pair of nesting crows outside my office (who I feed regularly to keep them nesting there, 'cos they're great fun to watch), but when they get to crawing at each other it's the eeriest sense of "oh, where's the harvest at?".

Likewise, everytime I've been chopping timber this summer for the woodpile, I've been thinking... "if only I had a woodpile this big in TLD; must make that my next objective."  :D

Archived