help day 55 on interloper and in BIG trouble

common

I need major advice here.

So here is the deal....I am inside the gas station in CH.  It is middle of the night, without wind outside it feels at about -17C.

I have cabin fever, and food poisoning from eating salmon at 65%.    My condition is at 15%.    I have one stimpack.  I have food.  I have ONE match. I do not have the medicine needed to cure the food poisoning BUT I know there is the mushroom growing at silent clearing, i can make it there with freezing and about 12% condition.   At this point i have a choice where to go, i can use my boost and run a good distance, but i DONT have firewood to keep warm outside.    There might be a cabinet left in the coastal town that will take about 2 hours to chop and maybe i can find a car or a fishing hut to make medicine at that point and sleep off the poisoning ...i dont know, if this letter seems like rumbling i apologize but i think this is the end of Fiorella, my character in my game :)

18 minutes ago, common said:

I need major advice here.

So here is the deal....I am inside the gas station in CH.  It is middle of the night, without wind outside it feels at about -17C.

I have cabin fever, and food poisoning from eating salmon at 65%.    My condition is at 15%.    I have one stimpack.  I have food.  I have ONE match. I do not have the medicine needed to cure the food poisoning BUT I know there is the mushroom growing at silent clearing, i can make it there with freezing and about 12% condition.   At this point i have a choice where to go, i can use my boost and run a good distance, but i DONT have firewood to keep warm outside.    There might be a cabinet left in the coastal town that will take about 2 hours to chop and maybe i can find a car or a fishing hut to make medicine at that point and sleep off the poisoning ...i dont know, if this letter seems like rumbling i apologize but i think this is the end of Fiorella, my character in my game :)

Sorry, I didn't read through your post the first time and gave a poor response.

This is a horrible situation to be stuck in.  I'm trying to think of a way out of it, but am not coming up with anything. 

Hm. That's quite a nightmare of a situation you've gotten yourself into.^^

What's for sure is that you need to get to that reishi mushroom asap, light a fire (just pick up all sticks on your way there), cook some reishi tea, cure the poisoning and warm up again. If possible (and given your fire is warm enough), you might try to light your fire next to one or two limbs of fir or cedar firewood. Then you could try to harvest them while standing next to your fire. Chopping some wood without a fire is no good idea and would almost certainly kill you.

As for the cabin fever... well, that's actually a big problem in CH as there are no real bear caves. Should you have managed to harvest some decent amount of firewood as described previously, you could try to light a fire inside a fishing cabin and sleep there a bit inside your bedroll. Just make sure a sudden blizzard won't kill you by accident.

If you don't manage to get some firewood.. well, then your best chence is probably to ignore cabin fever for the time being, return to the nearest house after drinking your tea, wait inside until you've warmed up again (deconstruct sth. inside if possible) and then start to search some more matches. Being out of means to start a fire is a death sentence in the long run and you can hardly cure cabin fever on Interloper without a fire either. At least not on a map like CH.^^

To be honest you're totally right that things are looking pretty grim for Fiorella, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for her. ;) 

You will need to run your rear off and go get the reishi shroom that is your life and death. So over and get the shroom.

As Scyzara mentioned you need to grab every bit of twigs you see along the way. to start a fire Can you find some small furniture to destroy in a nearby house and get some reclaimed wood? That will help your fire last longer, may be able to make your tea and rest a bit for an hour outside or two (weather permits) If you can make that fire hot enough and the weather holds.. you can sleep outside for a few hours.

Option B: There is a cave right below the Lookout tower in the top of the Map (will need to slide down the side of the mountain or use the mountaineer rope if its there) You will need to do your best to haul ass over there and try to make it in there.

Do you have Coffee with you? this will help you combat the Fatigue loss and give you a bit of calories.. if you do.. make 2-3-4 cups of coffee and run back to indoor shelter. Use that to coffee to survive the cabin fever indoors. Even if it means you got to wait RL time for daybreak.

Gluck!

Do you have a bedroll? How many sticks do you have? You just need to sleep a lot in a heated fishing hut.

Not having medicine at day 55 is pretty strange though! Going to silent clearing seems the best idea, then you can use the stimpack and go to the fishing hut. But if you don't have a large collection of sticks Fiorella is probably dead.

I had this same problem once but it was intestinal parasites which is worse...., also in CH, I had to go get reishi mushrooms. I lived!  You can live too! (I hope you didn't die already...)  I did have matches though....that might be a serious problem. um, I didn't have cabin fever either....

There are mushrooms in silent clearing, and also lots of them by the houses down the road, near where you exit CH to go to Desolation Point. (Lakeside Cottages?)

Turn left down the road to get there.

You need cloth and sticks to build a snow shelter, it will keep you warm. Or just get into the cottage near the mushrooms.  no fireplace though............

Since that food poisoning experience I had I ALWAYS get the mushrooms whenever I see them.  The lichen and rose hips too.

Good luck!!

On 2016/12/10 at 11:14 PM, Scyzara said:

As for the cabin fever... well, that's actually a big problem in CH as there are no real bear caves.

Learned this the hard way with my latest interloper run. Died at 20 days. Pathetic! But this was my first time to ever really have to deal with cabin fever. Can't say I like this mechanic as it stands...

Archived