What is your single favorite item?

Timber Wolf

Edit, lol, Garbage Wolf replies to Timber Wolf. I didn't even catch onto that. I call my dog Garbage Wolf sometimes.

Hatchet. I can't help but think I'm not alone in this, since the icon on  my desktop is a Hatchet. I accidentally harvested my hatchet because I don't tend to play the game without a jar of whisky in front of me. I sharpened it to 100% when I had enough whisky and realized I should probably end that session sewing and sharpening things instead of hunting or traveling in wolf country as my aim/reaction times would probably not suffice. I kept clicking sharpen and then harvested it by continuing to click after it reached 100%.... Oops.

Then I had to go to the lake and stack an overnight supply of firewood in the hut with no hatchet so I could fish since I find the fish bite more often before dawn so I always stack  up hours and hours of wood and stay over night. That means walking all over looking for 50 sticks and not looking up enough. That meant getting wolf attacked. Even when I go to safe places for sticks, just spending the calories while I click around for 50 sticks, dropping them all so I don't get tired with them in my pack while I'm fishing, picking them all up one at a time to feed the stove... then overclicking and feeding the stove my torch or a book I haven't read yet like when I accidentally harvested my hatchet...Or getting a fog rolling in while stick hunting and having to sleep in a cabin instead of finding my hut since there's wolves on the lake. Nah. I like firewood. I like adding an hour or more to a fire with each click. I like getting 4 hours of fire in one stop at a limb.. I like adding days to my life by fishing for days on end instead of walking off to my death out of necessity. I lost almost all my clothes getting attacked over and over while I got coal and stuff to make a hatchet, in addition to all the ones I found, to try and get ahead of the 8ball on whetstone scarcity.

I like my hatchets.

In my current sandbox I have collected 4 and forged a 5th and have 3 100% whetstones on hand. Still, I almost always leave them all at home and go to safe stick collection places just so that when other problems start to bare down on me over time, at least I can take stick-hunting off my to-do list. My hatchets are like a comfy couch covered in plastic wrap nobody is allowed to sit on.

Playing interloper, I'd have to say the hacksaw! Without it, it's almost impossible to eat (after you loot everything), cut firewood, cut metal for hooks (and for the forge).

If you don't have a hacksaw, you're in real trouble on Interloper!

Believe it or not, my second favorite item playing interloper is Coal! The ability to carry hot burning and light weight coal is crucial for almost all fire burning needs. Plus, 1 trip through a cave, you can harvest 30 to 40 hours worth of burning time without freezing to death like you do when you try to harvest limbs!

I'd say the stick as well, the coal is pretty incredible and that sound when you pick it up but the stick is more widelly found, it's the tool of the revolution.

Mag glass firestriker coffee etc are all pretty exciting but I think I feel more powerfull with the can opener. I hate the tea because it doesn't work. :P

Archived