What is your single favorite item?

Timber Wolf

The knife. Best defense in wolf struggles. Harvests pillows, bedrolls, curtains and animals the fastest. Crafts arrow shafts, bows, wolfskin coats, bearskin coats and bearskin bedrolls the fastest. Quite a list of accomplishments. For me, the whole early part of Interloper is all about getting my hands on an impro knife.

The knife is definitely the most useful item and finding one is always top priority. Beyond that, I don't get excited about finding more of them though. If I pick something that I want to find repeatedly, I'd have to go with coffee. Lichen is right behind it though, I will go out of my way to pull lichen off a tree; not having to lug around the extra weight of a bottle of alcohol is great.

Probably the Bow, as annoying as it can be sometimes to kill stuff with it if your aim is a little off (honestly that is part of the appeal as it makes the game a bit less formulaic). Lightweight, extremely useful and while not strictly renewable, the ammo will last you thousands of days in practical terms unlike the Rifle. (well that and it's the only weapon you get on Interloper anyways, but even before Interloper I kind of preferred it over the rifle)

Edit: I do wish it had a slightly nicer texture/model. Even for an improvised weapon crafted by a non expert it's pretty ugly and looks out of place (like it's lower quality then the other assets in the game).

Archived