New Sandbox Opt-In Test Build This Week!

Admin

583e03b6f3cfd_ScreenShot2016-11-29at2.28

Hello community, 

We'll be deploying a new build to the Test Branch later this week

This Test Build will include major changes to the Clothing System that we're planning to roll out in a December Sandbox Update before the holidays. 

We'll share more details soon, but in the mean time, keep the following in mind: 

* The Test Branch is optional; you do not have to participate. 
* All tuning is placeholder; don't freak out if you see something you don't like. We'll continue refining the values leading up to the full December Update release. 
* The Test Branch contains spoilers for the full Update. If you don't want to know what's coming in the full December Update, stay out of the Test Branch discussion. 
* Please avoid posting Test Build spoilers in the main discussions. 
* Current in-progress save games can be carried over to the Test Branch, but not the other way. This is to protect your progress from being polluted or influenced in some way by bugs or tuning issues in the Test Branch builds. 

We'll update here and in the official community once the Test Branch is live. 

We'll post detailed instructions on how to participate in to the Test Branch -- including how to download the build and how to post bugs/feedback -- when it is live later this week. Please don't ask for instructions in this thread or discussion.

Note that the December update will include more than the Clothing System updates, but since the changes are substantial we'd like the current Test Cycle to focus on this system. The changes to the Clothing System are very extensive and introduce multiple new layers of survival gameplay. We're excited to get this system into your hands in the full December Update. In the mean time, your contribution to the Test Branch playtest will help us ensure the December Update is as bug-free as possible. 

We'll have another update on Story Mode progress to share, later in December.

Thanks in advance! 

- The Hinterland Team

9 minutes ago, Esmith80 said:

Any word on if this will be hitting the xbox1 in December? 

As with all our updates, we'll aim to get the Release Build for the next Sandbox update out as simultaneously as we possibly can for the different platforms. (And speaking about the Release Build here, not the test branch. For now, the Xbox One platform doesn't support these kinds of public test builds). 

Solely for clarification, when you say:

Note that the December update will include more than the Clothing System updates, but since the changes are substantial we'd like the current Test Cycle to focus on this system

Do you mean that the Test Branch will only have the new clothing system, and not the other features you all have planned, or that you'll just be looking for clothing feedback? Obviously, it's great either way, but I'm interested in the direction you guys are taking with the Test Branches and I can totally understand that by only pushing a small-to-moderate amount of changes you can get more direct feedback about that smaller group of items.

4 hours ago, Willkwi said:

Solely for clarification, when you say:

Do you mean that the Test Branch will only have the new clothing system, and not the other features you all have planned, or that you'll just be looking for clothing feedback? Obviously, it's great either way, but I'm interested in the direction you guys are taking with the Test Branches and I can totally understand that by only pushing a small-to-moderate amount of changes you can get more direct feedback about that smaller group of items.

I think what they mean is that whilst there is a load of changes and additions most are straightforward, but that the clothing stuff needs the most testing for either bugs or balance issues. Sounds like its quite a fundamental change to the clothing system.

Can't wait to see the new build, I'm an Xbox One user though so please test the hell out of it for me PC guys. :o)

1 hour ago, AndyT said:

I think what they mean is that whilst there is a load of changes and additions most are straightforward, but that the clothing stuff needs the most testing for either bugs or balance issues. Sounds like its quite a fundamental change to the clothing system.

That's how I understood it as well.  With some luck @Patrick Carlson or someone else will come back and clarify.  Either way I think we'll find out soon enough.

47 minutes ago, ponyhidden said:

I got Raphael to clarify on twitter, it is completely focused on the new clothing system, yes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RaphLife/status/803854523789901825

Well Rapahel actually replied "The answer is in the post" :) 

And the post above says "Note that the December update will include more than the Clothing System updates, but since the changes are substantial we'd like the current Test Cycle to focus on this system."

This is really great news!  I truly appreciate all the effort Dev is putting into this game and these Test Build sandboxes gives us, the players a fantastic avenue for giving you guys the feedback you need to make the game always new (in some way or another).

Looking forward to more details on the Clothing System changes...there is so much room for expansion in this system and I hope this will be a solid step in that direction.

My 2¢

4 hours ago, AndyT said:

Well Rapahel actually replied "The answer is in the post" :) 

And the post above says "Note that the December update will include more than the Clothing System updates, but since the changes are substantial we'd like the current Test Cycle to focus on this system."

Yep, you have just quoted the relevant portion, and the answer to @Willkwi's question above. :)

I know there will be more details coming later in the week, but one thing I want to see is whether the new clothing system changes end up resetting peoples mending skills again.  in one of my sandboxes, I had cleared Level 5 in mending (as well as archery) but following one of the major updates, they reset,  It has been quite the PITA to get those skills back up to the 4-5 level again.

Archived