Can a bedroll be ruined by a hot coal fire?

mystifeid

Unless it's a new implementation (which I highly doubt), fires don't influence the bedroll at all, no matter their temperature. There has, however, been a bug when during wolf or bear struggles the "torn clothing" affliction did not only destroy the clothes you wore, but also the bedroll lying in your base somewhere else. Maybe that one is back.

31 minutes ago, Scyzara said:

Unless it's a new implementation (which I highly doubt), fires don't influence the bedroll at all, no matter their temperature. There has, however, been a bug when during wolf or bear struggles the "torn clothing" affliction did not only destroy the clothes you wore, but also the bedroll lying in your base somewhere else. Maybe that one is back.

That would be a multi-dimensional wolf/bear attacking and quite spooky.

2 hours ago, Scyzara said:

There has, however, been a bug when during wolf or bear struggles the "torn clothing" affliction did not only destroy the clothes you wore, but also the bedroll lying in your base somewhere else.

That's what I thought after the first time but the second time was a clean kill with an arrow to the head of the wolf. No struggle.

What a nightmare. The first time I'd already found and harvested the second bedroll but this time despite extensive traveling I haven't been able to find it. Oh well, if I can hang on another six days or so my second bear hide will be cured. ( Day 73 - 63 wolves!)

• 5 months later...

I had this bug happen to me yesterday! I got a wolf attack in FM, thorn clothing, checked my clothes and I was so relieved that my wardrobe still was pristine. Then I tried to go to sleep and the wolf ate my bedroll ¬...¬

Same as WildGata above me. Yesterday I was finishing up my Nomad challenge, walked with my newly repaired bedroll (it was at 100%) from the Stone Church in Desolation Point to the Lonely Lighthouse, got attacked by a wolf on the way and instead of clothing, I got the message "Worn out, Bedroll".

Archived