Posted a few times, but never actually said "hello"

WolfPoet

Hello, everyone.

I live in Southern California and manage one of the few independent bookstores that remains in this area. I think (?) I bought this game 2 years ago at around this time of year, and I've experienced much joy, horror, excitement, and frustration since then (which I wouldn't exchange for anything). Curiously, it got me into watching "survival" (heavy quotes there, depending on the youtube channel) and bushcraft videos, which I had no interest in before. My first online gaming experience was Lord of the Rings Online (RIP, it seems - sad for that), then World of Warcraft. I wanted something different to play when I got tired of other games and started watching YouTube videos of survival games. While many were entertaining, I wasn't really interested in an FPS or zombie survival game. I think I watched 10 or more (probably more, I wanted to be sure) videos of people playing The Long Dark before I bought the game. I can't recommend it enough. Thanks Hinterland, for providing a thoughtful and intelligent solitary experience for this genre. Great community, too!

WolfPoet

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2016 at 10:32 PM, WolfPoet said:

Hello, everyone.

I live in Southern California and manage one of the few independent bookstores that remains in this area. I think (?) I bought this game 2 years ago at around this time of year, and I've experienced much joy, horror, excitement, and frustration since then (which I wouldn't exchange for anything). Curiously, it got me into watching "survival" (heavy quotes there, depending on the youtube channel) and bushcraft videos, which I had no interest in before. My first online gaming experience was Lord of the Rings Online (RIP, it seems - sad for that), then World of Warcraft. I wanted something different to play when I got tired of other games and started watching YouTube videos of survival games. While many were entertaining, I wasn't really interested in an FPS or zombie survival game. I think I watched 10 or more (probably more, I wanted to be sure) videos of people playing The Long Dark before I bought the game. I can't recommend it enough. Thanks Hinterland, for providing a thoughtful and intelligent solitary experience for this genre. Great community, too!

WolfPoet

And thank you for the words of support. It means a lot. And welcome! :)

Archived