Injury and Medication/Rose Hip not balanced?

silversun

I read somewhere that rosehips don't respawn in this game however, the need for painkillers is almost constant. I noticed that whenever a wolf bites you most of the time you get a spained something and you need painkillers. Or, when you are out exploring the map sprained ankles are very common. I think I had 2 or even 3 in one day of exploring without being over the inventory limit. That is just a bit too much imho.

So my question is since medication is limited and healing plants don't respawn how are you supposed to survive long term? Assuming that you would get good at avoiding or killing wolfs It would seem that exploration is not encouraged.

Also, I guess that the same question would apply what happens when you run out of bullets, birch/maple saplings and can no longer hunt? Or whitestones for your knife and axe?

If you sleep then sprained wrist (2 hours) and sprained ankle (4 hours) will heal. If your health is below 100% then I think recovery does not start until any sprains are healed.

Timberwolf Mountain is the worst for sprains. It is like a minefield. There is one particularly aggravating chance for a sprain right in front of the mountaineers hut.

Very long term survival requires a special kind of person - the routine and micro-management drives me crazy - but eventually you will run out of something. However that will not be the end of you. Sooner or later though you will run out of enough things that survival would become very hard. How long this would take, I cannot say. Have a go. You might like it.

Where did you read that they don't respawn? edit: wow I didn't know that they don't, very strange 0_0

Sprained ankles are not too much at the moment, you're probably pushing the character a lot, it's not skyrim :) anyway they plan to improve the whole system, I don't know how but we should wait.

You can build tools some new tools. Of course after a couple of thousands days maybe you will miss something but you can go on indefinitelly since there're ways to hunt without weapons and take the meat with only your hands. The fire is the only thing that you need and they're unlimited.

The other situation in which painkillers can be absolutely critical is in dealing with ropes on TW. Any sprain will prevent you from climbing up or down and if you're not prepared for that it can be a death sentence. Other than that I also pretty much just end up resting. Often times I'll even just sleep off food poisoning if I can afford it.

1 hour ago, sarudak said:

The other situation in which painkillers can be absolutely critical is in dealing with ropes on TW. Any sprain will prevent you from climbing up or down and if you're not prepared for that it can be a death sentence. Other than that I also pretty much just end up resting. Often times I'll even just sleep off food poisoning if I can afford it.

Note that most (though not all) of the ropes on Timberwolf Mountain have a protected alcove somewhere near the rope to shelter, make a fire and rest. In some cases this is just a hallow tree but if you're injured and freezing to death that's all you need

53 minutes ago, sarudak said:

That's assuming you have a bedroll, fire making equipment and enough fuel to allow you to sleep for 4 hours. Painkillers are much more reliable for getting up or down the mountain.

I on the other hand never make the ascent without the required equipment precisely so I would have the option to rest :winky:

On 11/16/2016 at 5:23 PM, cekivi said:

I on the other hand never make the ascent without the required equipment precisely so I would have the option to rest :winky:

I mean you can do it that way. But if your goal is to loot the summit dropping 3-4 kg in bedroll and wood can make a significant efficiency difference.

1 hour ago, sarudak said:

I mean you can do it that way. But if your goal is to loot the summit dropping 3-4 kg in bedroll and wood can make a significant efficiency difference.

There are ways down from the summit that allow you to carry 45-50 kg at once. You can still take everything you want in 1-2 trips ;)

Archived