Forging skill

Vulp

A skill that would level up the more forging you did. Knives and axes would last longer, and weigh less at higher levels. Forging would take less time (And less scrap metal at higher levels). And Arrowheads could be forged to be sharper.

Eh, I'm still ambivalent. The forge is such a rarely used feature (I only feel I need it on Interloper) that I don't even bother with it for most of my games. If the forge was re-worked to make it more interesting or feel less forced (i.e. can make inferior arrow heads at the work bench) than I may change my mind.

@Vulp I've never run into that problem as most of my games stagnate once I hit day 100+. Since I feel there's nothing left to do I just start a new sandbox. By that point I've usually got duplicates or triplicates of all the tools so I can afford to just grab another if they wear out. Indefinite winter survival doesn't interest me :winky:

Personally, I'd like tools to be much more rare and durable with more gradients and spawn rates to reflect that. For instance: kitchen knife (common) < forged knife < hunting knife (rare) or hatchet (uncommon) < forged axe < axe (rare). That would make the game more interesting for a mid game player like me since I can now search the maps in the hopes of finding something better or go the Riken to be guaranteed something better.

13 hours ago, Vulp said:

@alone sniper You might find that on longer runs you need to go to the forge again, because all of your knives and axes run out of durability.

Well , I play on stalker and i try to not using hatchet for small work. (i prefer to break down chair with hand.)

I am in + 100 days now and i have 4 Whetstone that is on condition 100%  and 1 Improvised hatchet  and 1 Improvised knife.

So, my answer is no.  :)(with respect.)

Archived