Dairy product !!

alone sniper

Heya!

I'm doing alright... Milk would be something nice to have, but from what animal? Bovine? Goat? Unless you're talking powdered non-fat milk as a findable resource, which from what I understand, most people hate the taste of as a drink and would rather use it only for cooking. I would be behind goat or powdered non-fat milk in the game though. Heck, it would be nice to be able to heat up condensed milk that already comes in the game. But no, that is a open and drink item.

5 minutes ago, Ape88 said:

Heya!

I'm doing alright... Milk would be something nice to have, but from what animal? Bovine? Goat? Unless you're talking powdered non-fat milk as a findable resource, which from what I understand, most people hate the taste of as a drink and would rather use it only for cooking. I would be behind goat or powdered non-fat milk in the game though. Heck, it would be nice to be able to heat up condensed milk that already comes in the game. But no, that is a open and drink item.

Thanks for comment !!!

How about other dairy ? (cheese, yogurt and ....)

I do believe this is the time to introduce people to the concept of UHT milk.

At home, because I live 20 miles (32 km) from the nearest decent supermarket, I bulk buy crates of UHT milk in sealed cartons, to be used for the next 3 months. UHT milk can keep for six to nine months unrefrigerated, so it is well within the timeframe for TLD.

Oh dang, I totally forgot about the stuff in the boxes. Funny thing is, EternityTide, I have some on top of the fridge right now!

Sniper, my brain keeps thinking of canned processed cheese stuff or the powder that goes into mac and cheese (that would be one thing to include, as it's a common commodity) but if there was a goat, there could be goat cheese and milk and butter, and cream. Heck give us the option to grab eggs from birds nests or have some sort of egg laying bird we can raise and give us eggs, and the appropriate spices and we could have eggnog.

Dairy products would be one of the first kinds of food to spoil, which is why dehydrated milk is the only thing available. 

The developers are nowhere near adding domesticated animals to the game and I'm not even sure if I'd want them in the current build. 

Well, everything is better with cheese.

And I'm all for more variety. Although any new product would have to have a definite place in the game at this stage of development I assume. @alone sniper I like your idea of finding milk and warming it as a high-calorie liquid alternative to coffee and tea when those are unavailable. Some cheeses stay edible for hilariously long times. Yogurt is very rich in protein and essential amino acids, so it could speed up condition regeneration for a tiny bit (though that would have to apply to meats as well).

Really, warming up milk seems the most reasonable to me. And we can even used the condensed milk already in the game for that, no need to add a new item. I mean, it's supposed to go into hot liquids anyway.

The condensed milk in the game right now is actually pretty OP because somehow it provides me with both calories and hydration, even if I don't have any water in my inventory. The fact that it's lightweight (per calorie) and has a long shelf life probably makes it the best food item in the game, thanks to the glitch. 

Archived