dcstriker

Hello!

I am in the process of setting up my little sister with her own Xbox One as well as her own copy of The Long Dark. I had purchased the game under her account earlier today and the game will boot and play fine when signed into Xbox Live and connected online, however when the Xbox is in Offline mode or not connected to the internet, the game will not go past the splash screen (the one with the black screen and white letters, with the axe in the title). I will be completely signed into the profile that it was purchased on, and it still seems to happen. The game will stay on this screen pretty much indefinitely when the console is not connected to the internet, but if I sign in online the game will boot no problem past the splash screen (even if I sign in while the game is at the splash screen it's stuck on). Here's what I've done thus far:

- Sign out/back in, as well as tested with other profiles on the Xbox

- Full restart and unplug of console

- Deleted game, saves and reserved space

- Re-downloaded game and started after full restart, still same behavior

None of the documentation states this game requires an internet connection, and to my knowledge and testing, my Steam version works offline. Other Xbox One games purchased in the same manner will boot offline without issue. It would seem that the game needs to phone home to boot for me -- My main question is, is this behavior actually intended? My sister will actually have limited online access where she is, so if this is the case, it's a real bummer as I was looking forward to surprising her with this game. If not, are there any recommendations on what I can try to get it to load while offline? I'd be happy to provide any further details as needed, but any information is greatly appreciated! 

-DCStriker

• 2 weeks later...
On Sunday, November 06, 2016 at 11:47 PM, dcstriker said:

Hello!

I am in the process of setting up my little sister with her own Xbox One as well as her own copy of The Long Dark. I had purchased the game under her account earlier today and the game will boot and play fine when signed into Xbox Live and connected online, however when the Xbox is in Offline mode or not connected to the internet, the game will not go past the splash screen (the one with the black screen and white letters, with the axe in the title). I will be completely signed into the profile that it was purchased on, and it still seems to happen. The game will stay on this screen pretty much indefinitely when the console is not connected to the internet, but if I sign in online the game will boot no problem past the splash screen (even if I sign in while the game is at the splash screen it's stuck on). Here's what I've done thus far:

- Sign out/back in, as well as tested with other profiles on the Xbox

- Full restart and unplug of console

- Deleted game, saves and reserved space

- Re-downloaded game and started after full restart, still same behavior

None of the documentation states this game requires an internet connection, and to my knowledge and testing, my Steam version works offline. Other Xbox One games purchased in the same manner will boot offline without issue. It would seem that the game needs to phone home to boot for me -- My main question is, is this behavior actually intended? My sister will actually have limited online access where she is, so if this is the case, it's a real bummer as I was looking forward to surprising her with this game. If not, are there any recommendations on what I can try to get it to load while offline? I'd be happy to provide any further details as needed, but any information is greatly appreciated! 

-DCStriker

Did you ever get it resolved? 

• 2 weeks later...

50 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

As long as you are certain your Xbox is designated in your settings as your "Home" console, our next suggestion would be to try switching your Xbox to power saving mode (since the issue may be related to connected standby mode). Please let us know if it improves the situation. 

It did not help the issue.

Archived