WHY ME!!

oh god a wolf

While i was climbing up the rope in the ravine I needed to rest I went on the ledge mid climb and took a nap and when I woke up I couldn't climb the rope, thinking I needed more sleep I rested some more waking up and checking if I could climb back up until I spent the entire night on the ledge and to no avail. I only had about 56 pounds which is 27-29 kg and I had full rest, calories, and thirst except my warmth(which was halfway depleted). I don't know why it wouldn't let me activate the rope and climb out, could it be the a bug in the game, should I report it I don't know what to do!!

I have run into the same issue/bug. I rested for a couple of hours in my bedroll on the ledge in the Ravine to recover stamina. I quite the game after the auto-save upon awakening. Now when I reload the game to pick back up on the ledge, I am no longer given the option/cue to interact with the mountaineering rope. The "reticle" dot does not appear indicating the possibility of interacting with the rope. It does appear when I go to pick up the bedroll and sticks on the ledge however. It is as if the rope has become inert.  

Archived