Would a custom difficulty be possible?

silversun

Hi,

Not sure if this has been suggested before or if the game is built in a way that this is possible but at least for me it would be really fun if we could select our own custom difficulty as I could make my own challenges. For example if we could pick from the below ranges:

Weather - nice, normal, harsh

Wolfs - non-agressive (as in pilgrim mode), some times agressive sometimes not (basically unpredictable), agressive

Wolf/bear respawn rate - non-existant, slow, normal, fast

Items scarcity - abundant, medium, scarce

bodily needs - slow, medium, fast decay

time needed for tasks - slow, medium, fast

Or other things like deer, rabbits, fish availability/respawn rate, and so on.

Thanks!

While I, personally, would love to play around with that, Hinterland have told us numerous times in the past that this isn't gonna happen because it takes away from the unique experience they wish to convey. I think giving us "fixed" difficulties in the first place was already generous regarding that :D

38 minutes ago, Wastelander said:

While I, personally, would love to play around with that, Hinterland have told us numerous times in the past that this isn't gonna happen because it takes away from the unique experience they wish to convey. I think giving us "fixed" difficulties in the first place was already generous regarding that :D

Yeah, yeah yeah, whatever. Every time people ask for it, it erodes Hinterlands determination bit by bit. If everyone would be asking for it, then im pretty sure it would appear on a roadmap meant for nearest future. It would be a win/win solution anyway. Option to customize gameplay parameters would both increase general satisfaction and replayability.

Well look, there are ways for this to be win win, for example they can charge extra for that option in the game. You want to customize your difficulty setting? That will be 10 dollars (or whatever is a good price). I would gladly spend the money to be able to build my own adventure.

5 minutes ago, Wastelander said:

You're not wrong about this, but Jesus, it's just a game not a war of attrition :D 

...press on, just a little bit more and then a bit more again...

3 minutes ago, silversun said:

Well look, there are ways for this to be win win, for example they can charge extra for that option in the game. You want to customize your difficulty setting? That will be 10 dollars. I would gladly spend the money to be able to build my own adventure.

10 bucks would be 2 much for such DLC. Its more of 5$ content.

Archived