New weapon, spear? Also, multitasking maybe?

silversun

Hi,

Was just wondering if you plan to introduce a spear as a weapon anytime soon? Seems to me you have the axe to cut the wood up, a knife blade and some guts to tie it to the end of it, would be a great weapon for defending against wolfs at least.

Also, was thinking it would be a great if melting and boiling snow could be done as 1 activity instead of two and while you wait for your water you could do other things. For example when you're at home you're not staring at the pot waiting for it to boil so why would you here? You could use that time to repair some clothing or maybe sharpen something, research etc.

Thanks!

Spears currently don't seem to be on the roadmap (but knowing Hinterland, that can change at any given second, and that's a good thing!) but I've always been a proponent of the idea, mostly because it seems like a natural process. I am surrounded by wolves and (maybe) haven't found a rifle yet - I can't even reasonably expect to find one (you can in the game). So what am I gonna do? The answer is: Take a reasonably straight stick and sharpen it. A primitive weapon is better than no weapon.

Yep, I do hope it's going to be a surprise even if it's not on the road map as they said they don't reveal everything there. It just wouldn't be realistic if you don't have one as it would be the first weapon you would think of in that survival situation. They can develop the close combat system to be challanging if that's the issue but nevertheless it should be done imho.

Archived