The Long Dark -- Hotfixed to v.373 for "4 Days of Night" Event

Admin

Hello, 

We've hotfixed The Long Dark to v.373 on Steam and Xbox One, to remove Parasites and Cabin Fever afflictions for the duration of the "4 Days of Night" event. 

Apologies for any inconvenience these afflictions may have caused, due to eternal darkness and not being able to recover properly. 

Please note that this fix will also apply to Parasites and Cabin Fever afflictions in current in-progress games. 

- The Hinterland Team

13 minutes ago, tar said:

Thanks for the fix! Days are still not being counted in the journal.. Do I have to start a new game for that, or is it supposed to be like that for the event?

Hey tar, great that you've joined us here on the forums! This is one side effect of the perpetual night during the Halloween Event. It's part of the reason we were cautioning against using game saves you you were especially committed to, at least in terms of progress. Days survived stat aside, you will still take with you items discovered, crafted clothes, ect. And of course any pumpkin pies you collected! I hope this info helps and isn't too much of a burden for you. 

The number of days is listed in the main menu when you select your sandbox, even though it still isn't showing in the journal.

Hinterland... WONDERFUL job...I hope there are more events in the future!! Am thoroughly enjoying wandering around in the dark....really never thought I would ever say that about this game....  I'm really good at it now, much better than before...improved TLD skillz........

This has been so fun! Its cool that between updates you gave the community something to have fun with! Honestly, now with no cabin fever, I find this perpetual night a little easier than the regular game. That or I just suck at the game :D

Keep up the awesome work!!!

Archived