improvised weapons

oh god a wolf

the forge tells you like a work bench. off the top of my head you still need cloth. also something to start the fire and burn for a little while because coal can't burn right away. You may also need some reclaimed wood? Coal is a must and make a few trips to bring a bunch. Food too, coffee so you do not waste time burning.

Usually, I try to take out a deer near it if I can. So I have some meat I can cook, I can make water, but coffee helps me make a whole lot of arrowheads.

don't know how to hide content, sorry mods, but feel free to hide some if think it is a spoiler and please send me a link explaining how to hid it. :)

@oh god a wolf no worries. Be forewarned it can be tough to get a deer near there if you only have a bow. Sometimes I start new games there, run and grab the bow and arrow in the quiet spot and try my luck there. Ice and arrows are not a great combination if you miss, also, if the deer dies on weak ice....pray you get that arrow FAST. I find you have to get up on them good to get a decent kill shot if you have no skills. especially a kill shot with only one arrow! I do enjoy the challenge. And out there the wolves don't come to bother you much.

Be advised that you'll need to heat the forge up to a certain temperature (250°C / 482°F I think), so you'll need plenty of coal.

You also may need plenty of wood, since it's a bit of a waste of the coal's heat potential to use it to prolong the fire, once you've got it at the appropriate temperature.

Fortunately there's plenty of wood to reclaim at the Riken. That being said: if you play on Interloper, it gets pretty cold pretty quickly even inside the Riken, so I'd probably just throw coal in there.

Bring a hacksaw: there's metal to be harvested at the Riken.

Archived