Fun with Bears!

Timber Wolf

Our latest adventure finds us on the summit of Timberwolf Mountain.

The Old Bear slowly patrols the area.

OB_Summit6.jpg

He likes to stick his nose up in my business.

OB_Summit10.jpg

Like really up in my business!

OB_Summit8.jpg

How about you go over to the other side of the mountain for a while?!

OB_Summit7.jpg

Deja vu?

OB_Summit2.jpg

Sorry OB - you are stuck in a tree!

OB_Summit1.jpg

I always wanted to get inside his head.

OB_Summit3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 29.11.2016 at 10:59 PM, Timber Wolf said:

I wish I could combine the Hunted and Nomad Challenges together!  Might just have to try that myself anyway.

It would be cool if we had "events" in the sandbox that are similar to the challenges. Like there could be Grizzly Bears in addition to the Black Bears currently present, and if you shoot a Grizzly with the wrong kind of arrow or generally just wound it (non-mortally), it would go after you for a random number of days, just like in the "Hunted" Challenge. Or there could be quests like a note giving you a hint at a hidden cache that is only available for a certain number of days. And you would have to travel there quickly to get it.

31 minutes ago, Hotzn said:

It would be cool if we had "events" in the sandbox that are similar to the challenges. Like there could be Grizzly Bears in addition to the Black Bears currently present, and if you shoot a Grizzly with the wrong kind of arrow or generally just wound it (non-mortally), it would go after you for a random number of days, just like in the "Hunted" Challenge. Or there could be quests like a note giving you a hint at a hidden cache that is only available for a certain number of days. And you would have to travel there quickly to get it.

I'd be all for anything like this.  It would really add some variety to a sandbox game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2017 at 0:10 AM, ArchJudge said:

You traveled so much along with him that you can no longer claim to ... bearly know him. Sorry I'm not good at puns.

Dangit, @ArchJudge, I am a recovering punster and comments like these threaten to send me into full relapse! If it keeps up I might have to make a quarantine thread to keep the rest of the community from being victimized.

--EDIT-- Here it is.

8 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

Dangit, @ArchJudge, I am a recovering punster and comments like these threaten to send me into full relapse! If it keeps up I might have to make a quarantine thread to keep the rest of the community from being victimized.

I think everyone will be fine as long as we keep the puns at a bear minimum.

On 11/17/2016 at 11:51 PM, Pharose said:

Bears hunt only on very rare occasions, only when they see easy prey like baby deer or a wounded animal. They get almost all of their food from fishing and scavenging plants, berries, garbage etc. 

They will tangle with wolves to get good scavenge in the dead of winter though.  Leastwise browns will.

Archived