sharpening system

oh god a wolf

I have been wanting to ask if they had fixed the sharpening system for knives and hatchets,  I play on my Xbox and i haven't sharpened my knives nor my hatchets in a long time. If they have fixed please tell, and if they haven't fixed it please do fix it because I am trying to hit the 200 day mark or more. you should also add candle as said by many people. As this will get lost in the ideas of people who really love this game. I just wanted to say this is definitely  one of the best games i have ever played, and that you guys are some of the coolest Devs and the community is really awesome. So that's all i wanted to say keep making it better and add some more of the goods the people need to survive The long dark.

I'm playing on PC but there haven't been any issues with the sharpening system that I'm aware of for a while now. At least nothing that would prevent you from maintaining your knife and hatchet in the game. Just have a whetstone in your inventory and the sharpen action will be available for both the hatchet and knife. 

Well, as long as your Tool Sharpening Skill Level is below 42, that's percentage you would sharpen your tools by.

Basically, tool sharpening was changed several updates back, so now it is no longer static repair system but rather a dynamic skill-based system. 

How this system works is really quite simple: every time you sharpen a tool, your Tool Sharpening Skill will increase by 1 level (starts out at 32, caps at 100), which will decrease either the amount of time spent sharpening or increase the percentage of condition your tool regains when sharpened; however, these improvements only occur after increasing your skill by multiple levels (on average, it seems to be every 10 levels or so).

Also, welcome to the forums, @oh god a wolf! :)

Archived