Interior lighting vs. Exterior lighting.

Fuarian

I've noticed that most of the time the interior lighting doesn't seem to match the lighting outside.

For example; It's dusk and the sun is setting outside. There's a nice orange glow. When you enter let's say, the camp office. It's all blue...

The light coming through the windows is blue-ish white. Not orange like the sunset.

I propose that the interior lighting colour be redone to fit the exterior lighting colour.

13 hours ago, Wastelander said:

Certainly a nice cosmetic change. Might also help at identifying the time of day, since indoors it's apparently hard to do so :D 

... and could help identifying the weather outdoors. You hear it, when there's a blizzard outdoors, but if it's silent the weather can be good or really foggy.

3 hours ago, aurora said:

... and could help identifying the weather outdoors. You hear it, when there's a blizzard outdoors, but if it's silent the weather can be good or really foggy.

Fun fact, I woke up to fog today (which I saw through my IRL windows, so your point is good) and decided to stay indoors. Wasn't exactly the best descision but hey, I don't keep a stockpile of food (mostly canned stews and bacon) for show :D 

3 hours ago, ThePrivateer said:

Being able to look out the window to check the weather would be great.  Or, to see if a wolf or a bear is waiting outside Quonset hut to chew my ass off.

I really regret setting up camp there.  :P

I have stopped looking for them and just expect them by now. When there's a wolf, I let out my inner Khorne Berzerker (BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!), if it's a bear I just avoid it. Bears are surprisingly easy to outsmart/outrun I think (and whenever I say that, I get mauled by one, so take that with more than just one grain of salt)

12 hours ago, ThePrivateer said:

Being able to look out the window to check the weather would be great.  Or, to see if a wolf or a bear is waiting outside Quonset hut to chew my ass off.

Hmmm... well the concept of "seeing the outside world through the windows" has been brought up several times, but they all had to be dropped because of the way the interiors are handled. Sadly TLD is somewhat worse at interiors then Bethesda games since almost all buildings are like the freaking TARDIS and they are either way bigger in the inside or out right don't match their exterior layout.
So fixing that would either require the game to simulate part of the outside with proper scaling or to change almost all interiors and exteriors to match each other in size and then solve the whole problem of loading or not loading unneeded parts.

But say if they'd ad EFFECTS to the windows like shadows move around if there's something outside or particles of a blizzard can be seen it might give a nice effect, but it might either be unneeded since you can just hear those things if you listen or just "too much work for too little gain".

But still +1 from me just in case. :)

Archived