Vending Machine

alone sniper

+1 Vending Machines

A vending machine outside a gas station sounds like a great idea and a realistic one, too.

However, I don't think you'd be able to operate it because it's circuits would be fried and, unless you happen to have a working generator, would not have any power.

Still, I'd imagine you could take a crowbar and whack-at-it until either you smashed through the exterior or pry the door-off.  :ph34r:

Or, if the developers designed it more like a container, you could just stick you hand into the vending slot and feel around for any forgotten snacks.

But then again, seeing as how ransacked the buildings are in the game, I'd bet someone else would have gotten around to tearing apart those machines and looting it's precious bounty before you ever would've gotten there.

Also, I'd be surprised if such a vending machine outside the gas station wouldn't contain some Soda.

Crowbar is a bit crude, im pretty sure that among all those tools in numerous toolboxes across the game(including gas station) protagonist will surely find a selection of screwdrivers.

And sticking hand into that slot is not a particularly good idea. There are known cases where ppl got their hands stuck in there, often to the point that they had to cut machine open.

But yeah, it could be an interesting find, every vending machine in the game having a chance of spawning as either intact(and having selection of various snacks) or ransacked, with like 70/30 probability.

I don't think the 'it's been ransacked so it would be empty' arguement works - there is stuff still on the counter and in the fridges. Who ransacks somewhere and leaves stuff behind?

Tho I think that problems more on human story telling - I mean who loots a medical facility and steals ALMOST everything? Who steals a fridge full of food, but leaves one drink behind? Who breaks into a house and takes everything, but makes sure to leave one item in each draw?

more on topic - I agree. I should be able to wail on a vending machine with a crowbar to get whatever is still inside.

@Mikhail_Reign There is nothing weird about that. We are talking about people in a hurry and rather confused, so they first go for greatest sources of what they need and wending machine full of snacks will trump lonely bad of chips on the counter. They also act irrational and usually see food in that vending machine, but tend to skip the part that they need something to open that machine. And they swipe what they find, its about quantity rather than quality, so they grab as much they can as fast they can and what escapes those swipes are left behind as people need to move along. they are in frenzy and simply dont have time to pick up everything, in comparison to protagonist whos not in a hurry.

On 21.10.2016 at 10:28 AM, Dirmagnos said:

@Mikhail_Reign There is nothing weird about that. We are talking about people in a hurry and rather confused, so they first go for greatest sources of what they need and wending machine full of snacks will trump lonely bad of chips on the counter. They also act irrational and usually see food in that vending machine, but tend to skip the part that they need something to open that machine. And they swipe what they find, its about quantity rather than quality, so they grab as much they can as fast they can and what escapes those swipes are left behind as people need to move along. they are in frenzy and simply dont have time to pick up everything, in comparison to protagonist whos not in a hurry.

You have this weird habit of writing out my thoughts before I can spell them out. I'm not mad, just amazed :D 

Archived