Stupidest way you have died

starfighter441

I didn't die, but a bear I had put 4 arrows into which was dying, ended up glitching into a cliff face. Then it glitched out a ways away... right on top of me. Got mauled, survived, but lost my wool ear wraps. (I'm on interloper, BTW) Then it went back to running in a circle, dying. Until morning broke a minute later, at which point it despawned completely. Lost my bear kill, my last arrows, and my ear wrap, all because of ridiculous glitches.

😠👎

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I put my sleeping bag on the ground in the second level of the dam in Mistery Lake and during the night i woke up...dead!

I  fell asleep on discovered cables during the aurora. An electric experience. 

Always check out all the area before set your camp. 

• Like 2

It happened a few years back... She had a couple hundred days behind her, kept a log of the loot in the various safehouses, placed markers on many maps marking the safe way between POIs for the case of fog or blizzard, pretty well established. Might need a moose skin soon, let's head for HRV, there is always one in that deep valley, pretty safe also, with only an occasional wolf or two, that can be taken care of easy-peasy.

Do I have bandages? Check. Do I have painkillers? Check.
Allright, descend! Wolf cleared, and there he is, impressive antlers, everything as planned.
Hm... damn moose is just loitering in all the wrong places, never coming close enough to shoot it from my safe spot. Oh well, let's crawl closer to that "Mountain" then..., they say it is easiest to shoot it straight in the head, while charging, anyways. Oops. that was a miss, or just not good enough... broken ribs. Oh well. good thing I came prepared. I'll have all the meat to heal in comfort of that cave. Let's try again. I already have broken ribs, so nothing to worry anymore. Miss again. Jeez. Ok, third time the charm! Well, I think you are not getting my intentions correct, maybe I'm not articulating enough...? That's what I'm talking about! During the fourth charge I finally got him. Ok, overencumbered, let's just grab some of the meat to the cave and rest it out.

Hmm... Apparently it is working differently, than parasites... I can get multiple ribs broken!
And not only the time increases..., for the bandage I can sacrifice my socks..., but I also need 12 painkillers... otherwise cannot climb out...
She is not dead..., still waiting for the rescue....

[I've just read, that a stim might still allow her to climb out, so am shooting up the time capsule right as I'm writing this to check if she has any with her... maybe this story is not over afterall...?]

Edit: ...and she DOES!

Edited by AdamvR
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AdamvR said:

It happened a few years back... She had a couple hundred days behind her, kept a log of the loot in the various safehouses, placed markers on many maps marking the safe way between POIs for the case of fog or blizzard, pretty well established. Might need a moose skin soon, let's head for HRV, there is always one in that deep valley, pretty safe also, with only an occasional wolf or two, that can be taken care of easy-peasy.

Do I have bandages? Check. Do I have painkillers? Check.
Allright, descend! Wolf cleared, and there he is, impressive antlers, everything as planned.
Hm... damn moose is just loitering in all the wrong places, never coming close enough to shoot it from my safe spot. Oh well, let's crawl closer to that "Mountain" then..., they say it is easiest to shoot it straight in the head, while charging, anyways. Oops. that was a miss, or just not good enough... broken ribs. Oh well. good thing I came prepared. I'll have all the meat to heal in comfort of that cave. Let's try again. I already have broken ribs, so nothing to worry anymore. Miss again. Jeez. Ok, third time the charm! Well, I think you are not getting my intentions correct, maybe I'm not articulating enough...? That's what I'm talking about! During the fourth charge I finally got him. Ok, overencumbered, let's just grab some of the meat to the cave and rest it out.

Hmm... Apparently it is working differently, than parasites... I can get multiple ribs broken!
And not only the time increases..., for the bandage I can sacrifice my socks..., but I also need 12 painkillers... otherwise cannot climb out...
She is not dead..., still waiting for the rescue....

[I've just read, that a stim might still allow her to climb out, so am shooting up the time capsule right as I'm writing this to check if she has any with her... maybe this story is not over afterall...?]

Edit: ...and she DOES!

That was a very close call then. Glad she made it out!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mfuegemann said:

That was a very close call then. Glad she made it out!

... well, almost...

...turns out, I've chosen the wrong direction out, where there are 2 ropes to climb...
(the other usually has Sergeant Brown taking guard)
Was the one stim I had with me enough to get to the top of the second one...? you can guess...

I think this must be my goodbye view in the end...

image.thumb.png.7cb87a576465f0b311172db9626cc31a.png

(I think there are a couple of learning points here...;-))

Edited by AdamvR
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

screen_0c5c9479-1dee-480f-9b24-71c15ef4f343_hi.thumb.png.c642eebb37a6b688290c108a9e722731.png

You see that bridge? Somehow...I managed to fall from this by accident and survived. In the middle of the screen, where the framing below the main structure sits, there are beams that stick out a bit.

I just finished a quick jaunt/crafting session at the Airfield and was heading back. Went to look for the moose to the north...and forgot I enabled autowalk.

I (VERY LUCKILY) landed on one of the beams below, and managed to snake my way up against the rockface, then billygoat my way down the side.

I was 100% certain my run was over.

Edited by Merrak
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I froze to death in that tunnel between coastal highway and mystery lake because I slept in it and thought it would protect me from the encroaching blizzard. Apparently I did so at the wrong angle, because I died lol.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, isaac1207 said:

I froze to death in that tunnel between coastal highway and mystery lake because I slept in it and thought it would protect me from the encroaching blizzard. Apparently I did so at the wrong angle, because I died lol.

RIP. Here's to the next one!

I'm not sure where you mean? Which tunnel was it?

hid in a car from a bear, thought bear was gone because can't look behind in car, turns out... ḥ̷̹̔e̸̯̭͔̬̠̗̜̯̘̎ ̴̢̢̜͎̟͈͍̻͎̝̩̔̊̃ͅw̸̫̬͙̘͖̫̗̯͚̰̓͛́̋̊̽a̴̡͖̝͔̙̒̍̂̀̓̀̉͘s̴̟͉̫̻͒̀̔͆͘̚̚n̷͎̳̭̪̘̊͑͐̕͜'̴̢̧̨̨͉̠̱̬̗̖͓͐̀́̄͋̏͂͗t̷̬̪͎̥̤̫̖̻̔̍͒͂͑̊͠

• Upvote 1