let's discuss 7 Days To Die!

7 days to die is a randomly generated open world sandbox building zombie survival horror first person tower defense shooter published by telltale games
boy, is that a mouth-full. in my own opinion, this game is genius... in theory. it isnt very well executed. the AI is equal to that of a 2 year old child, the animations are just so bad theyre funny and it looks, feels and controls just like an inde game, despite being made by a major studio. despite these flaws, however, it is very addictive and fun, and i find myself going hours and hours on it without even realizing, especially playing it online with a friend. i still dont think it's worth the 30 dollars i paid for it, though. i picked mad max up at gamestop brand new for the same price.

i'd love to hear you guys' thoughts on this! :)

Played it at a friend's place. Gotta agree to your list of flaws, but it's got potential. Animations aren't that important (Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines had absolutely hideous animations but was still an awesome game if you applied 500mb wort of fanmade patches to it) but AI is, so if they fix that it'll already be awesome. But until that happens, I won't buy it. Once I do, though, let's play together ^_^

9 hours ago, Wastelander said:

Played it at a friend's place. Gotta agree to your list of flaws, but it's got potential. Animations aren't that important (Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines had absolutely hideous animations but was still an awesome game if you applied 500mb wort of fanmade patches to it) but AI is, so if they fix that it'll already be awesome. But until that happens, I won't buy it. Once I do, though, let's play together ^_^

i would definitely love to play together bro! :D but sadly, im on xbox one. i dont even own a pc :(

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:10 PM, Wastelander said:

Windows 10 allows you to play your Xbox1 games on a PC, so I could theoretically play with you. 

so like, you could purchase an xbox one digital copy and play it on your PC, online on the xbox servers?

13 hours ago, Tbone555 said:

so like, you could purchase an xbox one digital copy and play it on your PC, online on the xbox servers?

If I don't misunderstand things here (I still haven't updated my Laptop because I'm a lazy stupid idiot who sucks at existing) I can just buy a digital copy even without an Xbox, but I am not entirely sure. Then again, there are some console-exclusive titles I still wish to play and I'll soon be able to afford one actually so who knows, maybe I'll get me one anyway ;)

37 minutes ago, Wastelander said:

If I don't misunderstand things here (I still haven't updated my Laptop because I'm a lazy stupid idiot who sucks at existing) I can just buy a digital copy even without an Xbox, but I am not entirely sure. Then again, there are some console-exclusive titles I still wish to play and I'll soon be able to afford one actually so who knows, maybe I'll get me one anyway ;)

man if you do get an xbox, be sure to get GTA 5! i play that online more than anything :D

1 minute ago, Tbone555 said:

man if you do get an xbox, be sure to get GTA 5! i play that online more than anything :D

My ex and I had one and had GTA 5. Now she has it :D

Back on topic, it's cool to see that the game does have more depth than most zombie games. Sure, the bugs are off-putting, but it's playable unlike some certain AAA titles.

Back off topic, this is something I love about TLD. It's not finished. Things aren't perfect. Many players disagree with many gameplay elements.

But it works. It does what it's advertising it does.

The fact that I am genuinely happy about that worries me.

7 days to die was part of a deal, for me.
my buddy at work said he'd buy the long dark if i bought 7 days to die. he doesnt seem too impressed with it, because he's more into faster paced games, and disagrees with a lot of the elements in the game. in fact, he uses the word "stupid" to describe most of the elements that you and i love most about this game. but he promised me he'd put some hours into it to get the full experience and im sure his opinion will change :D

7 days to die, despite its flaws, is actually very addictive. when you get around to building up your base, hunting, fighing hordes, crafting armor and weapons, its actually pretty awesome. i've had a lot of fun with it. yknow i said i didnt think it wasnt worth the 30 bucks? i take that back now :P

my current base, which is an old house i found half destroyed. i built it back up, reinforced the doors, built myself a little escape tunnel incase i get overrun, and have a deadfall dug all around the house. small holes with spikes at the bottom, so they dont get any ideas about breaking down the walls. on every 7th day, an extremely vicious zombie horde comes through hell-bent on having you for supper. they will literally break the walls of your house to get to you, and they know exactly where you are no matter how you hide. actually, my escape tunnel makes me nervous. because if one zombie finds it during the 7th day, theres gonna be a whole horde trying to get into that tunnel o_o so it might not be as reliable as im hoping it to be.

still, im looking forward to it! im on day 6 right now, just making some extra arrows and reinforcing my defenses :D

Archived