When are you ready for interloper?

exeexe

You should consider Interloper to be about 10X as hard as Stalker. If you have survived 100 days in Stalker you should expect to survive 10 days in Interloper about 50% of your game attempts. 

The difficulty in Interloper is ramped at all stages because you start in some of the worst locations, you will not have access to tools such as the gun, the hatchet, the knife, and other tools like matches, flares, torches, are harder to come by. In many situations you will simply run out of time before you make it to the next plateau of viability. 

One of your best indicators of success is how far you can make it on day one. You will have the best condition that you will probably have for at least a week and so my starting strategy is to cover as much ground as possible. In doing so you can harvest cattails for food, you can pickup sticks in order to build a fire, and you can hop between natural or man-made remnant shelters. Travel light, don't exceed the about 60lbs limit. Don't waste fire starting implements and always prioritize how you start a fire, what you carry, and what you are doing for your goal. Early on you cannot afford a stockpile technique for firewood because you have to keep moving, in order to find areas with calories. After a day or two you hopefully have found a hacksaw and can harvest meat quickly, if not you will have to build a fire to thaw a carcass and get the guts in order to make an implement to catch rabbits or fish. 

Your goal should be to farm some rabbits in order to produce the mits and also to generate a minimum calorie intake daily to keep you alive. You will be living barebones for about a week and hopefully you will have several "stage points" along a route through he maps where you can harvest over the course of your journey. After a week or so you will be making your way to DP to make arrow heads as you will need to craft a bow for long term survival and you would also do well to find yourself the magnifying glass within a month if there is one because that is how you'll start fires after your matches are gone.

After the 100-200 days mark you will not have matches left or very few and you might consider trying to keep a fire going constantly at a residence you have to return to twice daily in this way you'd be able to cook and to make water and endure almost indefinitely. Plan to take advantage of the new beach combing mechanic as you will find goodies on the shores which will aid you in survival. 

Avoid the wolves, avoid risk, and be careful out there. It can all come to an end so fast. 

The truth about Interloper is this mode is designed to kill you, while the others are designed to challenge you and make it so you can master them, Interloper is the pinnacle of nature where rather than looking at you without a care, it looks at you with abhorrence and wants you to die. Enjoy but don't expect to endure, and don't expect to master it. 

10 minutes ago, Rifleman said:

Personally I don't play interloper because they have removed 20+ items including the rifle.

If there was a 2% chance for high quality items, I would try the interloper difficulty.

guess you are not ready then ;)

Another good test is also being able to not use the rifle at all.

25 minutes ago, McGuffin said:

guess you are not ready then ;)

Another good test is also being able to not use the rifle at all.

If stalker didn't have the rifle I would play voyager.

if voyager didn't have the rifle I would play pilgrim.

If pilgrim didn't have the rifle I would mod the game to put the rifle in the game.

The reason I don't play interloper is because they removed the 20 items including the rifle.

I've tried Interloper a few times now and will freely admit that I can't even. :silly:

On every attempt I got hypothermia by the time I found a building and some matches. Maybe on my next try I'll just run for the nearest building and ignore everything else on the way. Good thing survivor corspes aren't persistent across sandboxes, or my Interloper games would be littered with them!

1 hour ago, Rifleman said:

If stalker didn't have the rifle I would play voyager.

if voyager didn't have the rifle I would play pilgrim.

If pilgrim didn't have the rifle I would mod the game to put the rifle in the game.

The reason I don't play interloper is because they removed the 20 items including the rifle.

hardest difficulties in gaming is not for everyone, there is no shame about that.

41 minutes ago, Rifleman said:

Stalker is too easy and interloper is too hard. :(

probably true.

However, I don't see how a 2% spawn chance for a rifle could make it easier: you still won't have it at start and probably for a long period of critical time.

Just try stalker without a rifle, for beginning :)

4 hours ago, Rifleman said:

Personally I don't play interloper because they have removed 20+ items including the rifle.

If there was a 2% chance for high quality items, I would try the interloper difficulty.

I think i've seen this before .... O.o Didn't went well the last time

3 hours ago, Rifleman said:

Stalker is too easy and interloper is too hard. :(

What makes Stalker too easy for you? 

What makes Interloper too hard for you?

In Stalker for me I find the over-abundance of items and the lack of any real danger after the first few days to be what bores me. Sure there is risk from wolves or the errant storm or just being careless like running just to speed the next adventure and creating a medical condition but it has long ceased to be a serious challenge that keeps me engaged. 

With Interloper, though it is harsh, I find that the expectation that you will die in a 1-2 sitting game to be fresh and fun. The thing that sucks for me about Stalker beside the boredom is when you die from a wolf encounter at day 37 or 69 or 155 because you were a few health % too low and you didn't completely avoid the encounter. Had you been a few % higher or simply avoided it completely for another day you could have made it another 100 200 500 days but I digress.

I do agree though that Interloper is not a mode for everybody and it is designed to kill you rather than reward you for mastering the systems like Stalker does.

3 hours ago, McGuffin said:

probably true.

However, I don't see how a 2% spawn chance for a rifle could make it easier: you still won't have it at start and probably for a long period of critical time.

Just try stalker without a rifle, for beginning :)

Day 67 haven't found a rifle yet. But I got both a flare gun and the bow and arrow.

2 hours ago, MueckE said:

I think i've seen this before .... O.o Didn't went well the last time

At the end of the topic I said that I would just put the rifle in interloper.

But I said that I would help others that voted for the rifle and that's why the topic got shut down.

Rifleman, i was just kidding. The devs have secretly added a nice surprise! I didn't want to spoil it but i think it is ok for you to know. SO

SSSSSPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have survived more than 100 days in Interloper, 1 rifle will spawn somewhere and a few rounds across the maps too. I found mine next to the corpse at picnic-area in PV. So here you go Rifleman. Your wish was fulfilled. Start playing Interloper and be happy. B|

29 minutes ago, KD7BCH said:

What makes Stalker too easy for you? 

What makes Interloper too hard for you?

In Stalker for me I find the over-abundance of items and the lack of any real danger after the first few days to be what bores me. Sure there is risk from wolves or the errant storm or just being careless like running just to speed the next adventure and creating a medical condition but it has long ceased to be a serious challenge that keeps me engaged. 

With Interloper, though it is harsh, I find that the expectation that you will die in a 1-2 sitting game to be fresh and fun. The thing that sucks for me about Stalker beside the boredom is when you die from a wolf encounter at day 37 or 69 or 155 because you were a few health % too low and you didn't completely avoid the encounter. Had you been a few % higher or simply avoided it completely for another day you could have made it another 100 200 500 days but I digress.

I do agree though that Interloper is not a mode for everybody and it is designed to kill you rather than reward you for mastering the systems like Stalker does.

• Stalker needs less items
  • Stalker needs frequent/dangerous wolves 
  • Stalkers world lifespan needs to be decreased 
  • stalker needs 50% less ammunition
  • stalker needs 90% less rifle cleaning kits
  • stalker needs 50% less food

And for interloper.

• They removed 20+ items. Including the famous rifle

4 minutes ago, MueckE said:

Rifleman, i was just kidding. The devs have secretly added a nice surprise! I didn't want to spoil it but i think it is ok for you to know. SO

SSSSSPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have survived more than 100 days in Interloper, 1 rifle will spawn somewhere and a few rounds across the maps too. I found mine next to the corpse at picknick-area in PV. So here you go Rifleman. Your wish was fulfilled. Start playing Interloper and be happy. B|

1. do this.

[spoiler [/spoiler 

Add square brackets at the end of both and put your text in the middle.

and 2. I know your lying, and

@Patrick Carlson can confirm that rifle are not in the interloper difficulty.

I think the increased difficulty without a bedroll and rifle make the game more compelling for me. I also think the lack of a knife or hatchet stack the difficulty because you have to do things manually. However the mode is not devoid of tools, still have the hacksaw, and tool boxes, heavy hammer, and prybar, can opener, etc not sure what other "20 items" you refer to. What beyond 4 items are you referring to? Rifle, Knife, Bedroll, and Hatchet?  

It is also possible to craft a knife and hatchet albeit not the lighter weight versions you can find in the Stalker-Voyageur-Pilgrim modes. I'm not sure but I think it might be possible to craft the bearskin bedroll in which case survival long term would be a very good prospect and engaging too in my eyes.

Let's remember that there's a reason why rifles are not in interloper. You have to be in constant danger of not having food. They could spawn later on the beach inside a big floating box but they wouldn't add so much to the game so why bother.

But I do agree that loot in Stalker, especially of tools, should be less enormous so that those that don't like to play interloper have a reason tu use the furnace before day 200.

Archived