Looking for text file of journal entries

TheRealNFK

Question: Is there a way to get the journal entries I've written as a text file, similar to the old log file I used to be able find in User/[user]]/AppData/LocalLow/Hinterland?

I have a save that's over 200 days, that started before TWM, and has journal entries since Day 55. I'm worried the save, being so old, might break with the next update. I've taken a screenshot of each page, but the combined file size on all those images makes it a bit unwieldy for an upload (I wanted to make an image album and share the link in the survivor stories thread).

I ran a quick throw away sandbox with a single journal entry, then promptly killed the character and saved the journal to see if this would generate anything, Aside from the in-game version accessible from the menu, I haven't been able to find any sign of the text in the game files.

9 minutes ago, TheRealNFK said:

Question: Is there a way to get the journal entries I've written as a text file, similar to the old log file I used to be able find in User/[user]]/AppData/LocalLow/Hinterland?

I have a save that's over 200 days, that started before TWM, and has journal entries since Day 55. I'm worried the save, being so old, might break with the next update. I've taken a screenshot of each page, but the combined file size on all those images makes it a bit unwieldy for an upload (I wanted to make an image album and share the link in the survivor stories thread).

I ran a quick throw away sandbox with a single journal entry, then promptly killed the character and saved the journal to see if this would generate anything, Aside from the in-game version accessible from the menu, I haven't been able to find any sign of the text in the game files.

This isn't something that's supported yet. Right now the best you can do is save the entire Journal when the character dies and/or share screenshots. But we're for sure aware a separate text file is of interest to players. We'd like to find better ways for these records to be shared and passed around the community. Thanks for your question! :coffee:

Archived