$40 Backer - No Gift Key

Valens

Sent a tweet out on the 22nd asking Hinterland if we were to be receiving Gift keys, they responded with a yes. I have my steam key redeemed but I do not have access to a second key via the Humble page and there isn't a TLD Gift Key in my Steam Gifts...? Halp?

Jake\\Valens ‏@ValensSDA Sep 22

@HinterlandGames Just need some clarification. Us backers who bought the 40-80$ package with extra gift key. When will that be available?

Hinterland Studio ‏@HinterlandGames Sep 22

@ValensSDA Now.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Not sure, but I don't think any of the Kickstarter Backer gift keys go out until the release product. There were additional alpha/beta gift keys available as an option which were passed to those who purchased them.

There's always a chance the studio might release the keys earlier, but their main focus is likely placed on getting the released version completed (they'll be releasing story mode later this year)... I know my friend kinda claimed my gift key as well, so he's anxious for story mode so he can get his own copy [not as bad as he doesn't really like playing games until there's an official release - he has more patience than I do for playing the game] *lol*

Sorry guys, just got to this post. Mostly because it was created in January and only recently resurrected...

We were originally going to send out the gift keys upon full release. That has since changed, and we are releasing them while the game is still in Early Access.

We are working on getting everything together and ready to send, and will be shipping out the second keys as soon as we can -- Hopefully in the near future. I'll come back to this thread and post an update as soon as I have one.

Thanks for your patience!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not just yet, sorry -- That's why I hadn't returned to the thread just yet =\

As far as I know, we're still looking to start distributing the keys before full release, but I'm not sure how many we've actually had a chance to send out. I do know it's a huge undertaking (in addition to the other ongoing Kickstarter efforts) and we only have one person covering it. I'll see if I can get an update next week.

Archived