How do I light a flare?

russell_deitch

How do I light the flare? I can equip it and strike a match (M) but I don't seem to be able to combine the two.

Equip the flare (1 is hotkey) then hold down the left mouse button until it is lit. Right mouse is to throw it.

Flares in real life and in this game have a built in striker in the plastic cap.

I wondered about this. I had used flares for the first time in my second play through tonight but was just throwing them by right clicking not even thinking I had to light it first. Funny thing is that it still worked to scare away a wolf on two separate occasions and I was able to pick my flare up after. Is this a bug or just really wussy wolves I ran into?

I wondered about this. I had used flares for the first time in my second play through tonight but was just throwing them by right clicking not even thinking I had to light it first. Funny thing is that it still worked to scare away a wolf on two separate occasions and I was able to pick my flare up after. Is this a bug or just really wussy wolves I ran into?

If the wolves ran away from an unlit flare, I'd say that is definitely a bug. Give it another try and then report it.

Archived